1Ds Mk II
    The Monk
    Thanks for Looking
    Russ

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: The Monk

Russell

I love the idea in that image, buit I wonder if the monk is actually occupying too small a proportion of the frame to have the impact that maybe you were looking for?

The trees and foliage are, in themselves, spectacular and I wonder if it is dominating the presence of the monk in the image too much?

By way of what I mean, and I hope you accept my doing this for the purposes of illustrating it, maybe this redresses the balance a bit. Something for you to consider. This is a square (1:1 crop) using your right hand and bottom edges.

The Monk

Real Name
    Russell

Hi, Thank you for the comments Donald, I don't mind the crop and yes it does bring the monk more into the picture, as for the the trees I just thought as I only just got the camera and wanted to see what it would produce, all I did was a little colour balance with curves and am pretty pleased with the result, but then it's my photo
    Russ

Yes my initial thought was to consider a crop.

As an alternative to Donald's version, if you want to show more of the overall scene, would be to crop just a little from the top and left side. Just leave the left hand vertical wall and remove part of those railings.

But I think this is a case of needing two versions of the same photo, there isn't just one correct answer here.

I really like the photo either way but i think without the crop is slightly better, as if telling a story of the monk rather then just another picture of a monk.