Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: A couple of flowers

Real Name
    Elise

A couple of flowers

My lilacs were a bit of a disappointment -- they were a little spindly to begin with and never flowered out completely. Still, I tried to make lemonade out of lemons . . . also, a little bud on my "Blaze of Glory" rose.

A couple of flowers

A couple of flowers

A couple of flowers

A couple of flowers

Hope to get around to see what you all have been doing very soon --

Real Name
    Abhi

Re: A couple of flowers

I really like the rose bud, looks like a painting. I fell that the center and top edges of the petals can use some texture though. They look smooth and slightly detached from the front and back petals.

On the first two, I find the bright background near and in-between the flowers slightly distracting. It seems that you have mistakenly uploaded a unfinished photo for #3 (top right corner).

My first attempt at C&C
    Last edited by abhi; 11th April 2011 at 05:57 AM.

Re: A couple of flowers

Hi, Elise! It's great to see you posting. (Hope your guy is getting better and better - I'm sure he is.) I, too, really like the rose - the green texture/background is refreshing - both because of the gorgeous color and being a different choice than the usual, maybe. I think that it's interesting that you seem to be taking photos in the full sun (right?). Is there a reason that you're not waiting for different light? It's interesting the way it's working with the textures - kind of like it's high key but not the textures. Does that make sense? Your thoughts?