Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Little girl with a face painting.

  1. #1
    jiro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Manila, Philippines
    Posts
    3,804
    Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

    Little girl with a face painting.

    I took this shot inside the SeaWorld compound in San Antonio, Texas. While waiting for my kids' ride, I looked around and saw this local face painter artist and I got curious... another photo ops for me! At first, I tried to measure up the situation if it's OK to take some shots. Again, I politely asked the artist if he doesn't mind me taking some photos of him doing his work, of which he gladly obliged. The mother of the little girl was also very sport to allow me to photograph her little girl while being painted. At the end of the session, I asked the mothers' email address so I can send this pic of her lovely girl. I hope she'll love this.

    Thank you very much for viewing.

    Little girl with a face painting.

    --------
    Nikon D70, 18-70mm lens set at 70mm, Exposure set at ISO 320, f5.6 at 1/160 of a second, Manual Mode, Matrix Metering Mode, Color processing inside Lightroom 3.3
    Last edited by jiro; 23rd March 2011 at 04:55 AM.

  2. #2
    rpcrowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Southern California, USA
    Posts
    13,570
    Real Name
    Richard

    Re: Little girl with a face painting.

    I really like this image. However, the bright area between the people in the background attracts my eye. As i was scrolling down to post this comment, the top of my monitor cropped the image just over the white image she has painted on her forehead. Lo-and-behold, I like the image better with the closer crop! My eye travels from the hand across the brush to the girl's face.

  3. #3
    mythlady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Capitola, CA
    Posts
    748
    Real Name
    Elise

    Re: Little girl with a face painting.

    I'm sure she will love it -- it's a great portrait. Very sweet.

  4. #4
    jiro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Manila, Philippines
    Posts
    3,804
    Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

    Re: Little girl with a face painting.

    Quote Originally Posted by rpcrowe View Post
    I really like this image. However, the bright area between the people in the background attracts my eye. As i was scrolling down to post this comment, the top of my monitor cropped the image just over the white image she has painted on her forehead. Lo-and-behold, I like the image better with the closer crop! My eye travels from the hand across the brush to the girl's face.
    That was a cool style to crop a shot, Richard. Thanks! I already toned down the white areas a little bit. Guess I have to darken them up more. I'll post a cropped version later. Thanks for the tip!

  5. #5
    jiro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Manila, Philippines
    Posts
    3,804
    Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

    Re: Little girl with a face painting.

    Quote Originally Posted by mythlady View Post
    I'm sure she will love it -- it's a great portrait. Very sweet.
    Thanks, Elise.

  6. #6
    jiro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Manila, Philippines
    Posts
    3,804
    Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

    Re: Little girl with a face painting.

    Is this "better", Richard?

    Little girl with a face painting.

  7. #7
    mythlady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Capitola, CA
    Posts
    748
    Real Name
    Elise

    Re: Little girl with a face painting.

    I like it! Better focus on the subject.

  8. #8
    jiro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Manila, Philippines
    Posts
    3,804
    Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

    Re: Little girl with a face painting.

    Quote Originally Posted by mythlady View Post
    I like it! Better focus on the subject.
    Thanks Elise, Another nice collaboration courtesy of CiC.

  9. #9
    Frankie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    324

    Re: Little girl with a face painting.

    I love this face! What a beautiful girl and fun face painting.
    I am going to disagree with the others though. The light space didn't bother me much - but the black does.
    Any chance for a compromise and make the fill more a dark gray than black?
    And yes, the mother will love this shot.

  10. #10
    jiro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Manila, Philippines
    Posts
    3,804
    Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

    Re: Little girl with a face painting.

    Quote Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
    I love this face! What a beautiful girl and fun face painting.
    I am going to disagree with the others though. The light space didn't bother me much - but the black does.
    Any chance for a compromise and make the fill more a dark gray than black?
    And yes, the mother will love this shot.
    Thanks, Frankie. Sure, I'll do another edit and see how it works out.
    Last edited by jiro; 23rd March 2011 at 01:28 PM.

  11. #11

    Re: Little girl with a face painting.

    Not to totally make us go in circles but....

    I just liked the first crop best. It's more open - like the day - like the little girl. I went right to her eyes and the brush, then, around to her hair and barrettes and butterfly earrings. The closer crop just seems more claustrophobic and dark, to me, even though I can see how the crop is more "correct" (and lovely, too). Well, that's my little say.

    It's a beautiful photo! What gorgeous, dark eyes, she has! What a sweet and happy expression!

  12. #12
    jiro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Manila, Philippines
    Posts
    3,804
    Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

    Re: Little girl with a face painting.

    Quote Originally Posted by Katy Noelle View Post
    Not to totally make us go in circles but....

    I just liked the first crop best. It's more open - like the day - like the little girl. I went right to her eyes and the brush, then, around to her hair and barrettes and butterfly earrings. The closer crop just seems more claustrophobic and dark, to me, even though I can see how the crop is more "correct" (and lovely, too). Well, that's my little say.

    It's a beautiful photo! What gorgeous, dark eyes, she has! What a sweet and happy expression!
    Thanks, Katy. I'm glad you liked the first one. Cheers!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •