Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Take 2

Real Name
    Peter

Take 2

I took a similar shot a couple of months ago but just I wasn't central happy and didn't like the shot so when passing the other day I got Take 2.

C & C welcome

Take 1 - was processed differently but I didn't like the composition.
    Take 2

Take 2
    Take 2

Real Name
    Chris

Re: Take 2

I like the color better than the B&W...B&W seems a bit overly stark. Interesting composition/viewpoint which is quite likeable. I think I would kill the last arch in the B&W version as it tends to suck my eye to the end far too quickly. On the color one, I think at that same juncture, I might have left a bit more light fixture...seems a bit cutoffish...I like that word.

Real Name
    Peter

Thanks Chris,

Yes I did cut off #1 and that is why I went back for Take 2. I did try a stark version and having to excentuate the iron framing but looking back at the original desaturated version I am split between the two but I think the softer tones in #2 works best..

Real Name
    Peter

Hi Chris,

Attached is #2 Take 3 processed more in line with #1 and cropped a bit.

C & C welcome.

Take 2

Real Name
    Paul

I also prefer the colour on #1 and the composition on #2. You have more of the roof arches in 2 which gives it more rhythm. 1 looks short in comparison. The symmetrical viewpoint works nicely with the strong geometric forms of the roof - but it isn't quite symmetrical. If you could just go back and shoot it again, but this time take a step to the right...

Real Name
    Elise

I like #3 the best. It's a beautiful shot.

Real Name
    Peter

Thaks Paul and Elsie. I apprecaite the feedback.

The arcade is just beautiful. I have posted images of the main body before but I needed to get a better shot of the ceiling. I always walk through this arcade when in Melbourne so I will try a 'step to the right' next time I am there.

Real Name
    Ken Outch

Peter
    This is rather cheeky of me, given my lack of technical knowledge. But for what it is worth, here is my 'two bob's' worth. I like the colour version best. I like the way there is more detail visible such as in the glass panels in the roof and the decorative embossing on the side supports serving as a base for the iron roof struts. And I wonder if the removal of the very end light fixture, which is truncated anyway, might help visually? Hope these are reasonable comments in their content.
    Ken

Real Name
    Mary... or Lucy... either is fine with me. ;)

I like #3 the best, but, really, they are all great. Looks like a beautiful place

Real Name
    Peter

Thanks Mary,

Thanks Ken and there is no such thing as being cheeky here. We encourage comment from everyone. In that way we all grow in our knowledge. I can see what you are saying and I by covering up the front bit I can see it wold work well. I tried to use the cut of spans in the top foreground as a type of framing but your thoughts do provide a mroe compact and full composition. I can crop for that for inclusion here but I am not sure I can achieve it for printing standard A3 or A4 which I do - so maybe take 4 is required.