Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Question For Those That Use Carbonite... If Any Do

Real Name
    Mary... or Lucy... either is fine with me. ;)

Question For Those That Use Carbonite... If Any Do

We use Carbonite for off-site back-up of our computers. I work on our desktop. I added Lightroom 3 a while a go and CS5 as well. I can see that all the pictures in 'My Pictures' are backed-up, but it does not look like the catalog or presets in LR are being backed up, or the actions and presets in CS5 are being backed up?

Does anyone know how to add those files so that Carbonite will always back them up?

Real Name
    Will

Re: Question For Those That Use Carbonite... If Any Do

I'm not sure but the best thing that I can suggest is to check their website for help. That should be a help topic that is covered.

-Sonic

Real Name

Thanks, Will. I searched and searched and can't find anything. It doesn't seem like it should be that difficult, but... it is.

Real Name
    Will

OK, I did some digging on their site and found that you have to open the folder containing the folder or files you want added to the backup (probably in C:/program files/ or C:/Documents and Settings/ not sure what they would be in win7). Once located you can right click the files or folders and from the menue that pops up choose Carbonite; Back this up. Hope this helps.

-Sonic

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic4Spuds View Post
    OK, I did some digging on their site and found that you have to open the folder containing the folder or files you want added to the backup (probably in C:/program files/ or C:/Documents and Settings/ not sure what they would be in win7). Once located you can right click the files or folders and from the menue that pops up choose Carbonite; Back this up. Hope this helps.

-Sonic

Thanks a ton, Will!

Real Name
    Will

Your welcome Mary,

My dad jokes that I should start a tech support business, but I just find it intriguing digging for answers. Like the other day when I was wondering how long DNA would last frozen. At first all I found was millions or billions of years of course, haven't we found bones that old with DNA. After some more digging I found some real research that showed even in liquid nitrogen it can last only around 10,000 years.

-Sonic

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic4Spuds View Post
    Your welcome Mary,

My dad jokes that I should start a tech support business, but I just find it intriguing digging for answers. Like the other day when I was wondering how long DNA would last frozen. At first all I found was millions or billions of years of course, haven't we found bones that old with DNA. After some more digging I found some real research that showed even in liquid nitrogen it can last only around 10,000 years.

-Sonic
    I'm glad there are people like you. Me? I just get totally frustrated and want to fling the computer out the window.

Real Name
    Will

Just glad I helped to solve your problem Mary, even I feel like that once in a great while. They aren't as good as a human brain yet!

-Sonic