Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: my nephew Dylan

my nephew Dylan

my nephew Dylan

original
    my nephew Dylan

after my cs5 work
    my nephew Dylan
    Last edited by Vandenberg; 14th February 2011 at 06:21 PM.

Real Name
    Thierry

Re: my nephew Dylan

Your picture has a problem of light measurement due to your dslr. the light of the window create an under exposure of the main element of your picture

Real Name
    Thierry

I tried to post process your picture.

If you don't like it tell me and I will remove it

my nephew Dylan

thank you tb72
    but i was just wondering is my work was any good (see pic2)

That is a very difficult photo to correct. I think you may have gone just a little bit too far with that edit and the result has a slightly 'washed out' appearance which lacks colour density. Possibly adding a little extra colour saturation may improve things.

Thierry's attempt has stopped at the point where the window starts to become over exposed but Dylan is still a bit on the dark side. You now have a choice, do you continue and over expose the window which may look odd?

I wonder if this might be a case for a little selective Dodging on a layer or using a semi transparent mask on the layer and adjusting with Curves.

Although with CS5 you could possibly mask around Dylan and make two completely different adjustments to suit both the subject and background. Not that easy but quite possible.

Real Name
    Yegor

I have made it for 8 seconds. Not so well, but I have in view of, that you can work above a photo a little more

my nephew Dylan

Real Name
    Richard

Digital imaging can be wondrous. We have great editing programs available. However, a back-lit shot against a bright background is a difficult image with which to work. It is easiest to work with the best original image possible. I would have suggested three ways to get around the back-lit/bright background shot.

1. The easiest would be to select another background; one that is not considerably lighter than your Dylan where perhaps Dylan would not be back-lit.

2. Zoom in much closer on your nephew when you shoot so that the background doesn't influence the exposure and over-ride the image of Dylan.

3. if you want to stick with that background; combination of #2 along with the use of some fill flash might be in order.