Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Remembering Summer

Remembering Summer

I have been trawling back through some old files to see if there was anything worth salvaging. I came across this one and it immediately reminded me of summer days. Obviously not my usual thing so you can get the big guns out for C&C. I might even snap a few more landscapes this year after all Hell appears to have frozen over

Remembering Summer

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Re: Remembering Summer

Steve, I like the way you use complementary colors here. I also like the scenery. Definitely worth salvaging. Nice work if I may say.

Real Name
    Paul

I also like this Steve, nicely done.

Real Name
    Chris

Ditto and Ditto...hope to see more like it!

Real Name
    Richard

I also like this image. The leading lines of the track in the wheat draw my eye to the trees and the horizon line. From there my eye wanders over to the silo. It is quite a satisfying visual journey. IMO, however, I like the image just a bit better if some of the blue sky at the top was cropped out.

Thanks for the positive comments everyone. I think I will do a bit more digging around in my older shots. Whether I further develop an image depends on my mood at the time. I get so hacked off walking around looking for images as opposed to finding the image I already have in my head that I often just forget about the whole traumatic experience.

Real Name
    Peter

Hi Steve, I got a bit of a shock when I opened it; as you say it is not one of your ususal ones but I do like it.

I like it a lot! I find it very "mathematical", with all those parallel and orthogonal lines, you could teach children geometry on this pic
    The path gives nice sense of depth and the colors are really summery. Great work!

Hi Steve, I got a bit of a shock when I opened it
    Now there is a strange thing. I can post images of children with guns, my own naked torso, children with pills and dark satanic composites and nobody bats an eyelid...I post a holiday snap of a sunny field and people are shocked! I am seriously eying the cat and thinking what he might look like wearing a pink bow around his neck....will I need to buy a new lens for this assignment? I have read many threads on POTN that say it is physically impossible to shoot pussy cats and pink bows without a 70-200 f/2.8 and full lighting rig...which I must itemise in my signature to prove I am a photographer.

That was a random rant and nothing to do with this thread...I got wound up at lunchtime by visiting POTN only to be confronted with a thread - 5 or 6 pages long about how upset and psychotic its members get when a member of the non-shooting public dare to say "Your camera takes good photo's". They actually agonised over this at great length and got very cross. Since most of them wear plaid baseball caps, seem to own lots of firearms and have hobbies like riddling elks full of holes with an Ingram and 'possum skinning I really would not like to be the next person to compliment them on a photograph

I like it a lot! I find it very "mathematical", with all those parallel and orthogonal lines, you could teach children geometry on this pic
    The path gives nice sense of depth and the colors are really summery. Great work!
    Thanks Agata. I find that geometric shapes in nature give the image depth as they seem to accentuate the layers.

Quote Originally Posted by Wirefox View Post
    I have read many threads on POTN that say it is physically impossible to shoot pussy cats and pink bows without a 70-200 f/2.8 and full lighting rig...which I must itemise in my signature to prove I am a photographer.
    You keep mentioning this POTN; so, I looked it up! NOW, I know that you mean "Pagans Of The North" (canada) or is that "Plain Old Telephone Network"???

Thanks Agata. I find that geometric shapes in nature give the image depth as they seem to accentuate the layers.
    sigh. I have so much to learn!

You keep mentioning this POTN; so, I looked it up! NOW, I know that you mean "Pagans Of The North" (canada) or is that "Plain Old Telephone Network"???
    Photography on the Net It is a massive forum dedicated to all things Canon camera. It is not as bad I make out actually there is tons of good stuff on there and some really helpful people but it does attract more than its fair share of gear heads and they do tend to drown out the photographers. This blatant hardware worship gives me no end of giggles and some of the photographic trivia they get frothed up about is genuinely entertaining. There is a faction that I believe would actually wring each others necks over punctuation and spelling errors and that is before they get started on ripping into amateur photographers for taking their business and leaving then destitute. Destitue in this case means only six Canon 5d Mk II bodies I strongly recommend you try it. It keeps me chuckling... but I am probably not a pristine example of tolerance when it comes to people who sell their grannys kidney just to put that red 'L' in their signature....I insist on seeing photographic results and that I suspect would be a problem.

Steve! I know! I'm teeeeeasing you!

I was stung by their ilk when I first got my camera. Ooooops! I should hasten to add that I haven't really spent much time there. I landed on my feet, here, at CiC, first.

Real Name
    Tim

Now I have to go check that place out. Maybe post some of my Blackberry shots.

Tim

If that is a Blackberry shot with a 5D Mk II...your in. On the other hand if they are shots taken with a Blackberry be prepared for advice that will cost you tens of thousands of dollars