Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: old bottle and a shell

Real Name
    Yegor

old bottle and a shell

I have no roses, but have found an old bottle and a shell. Jiro, light almost how was done by you,but only with one lamp. If it is very dark - I has done so purposely. Please, comments - to know, this all is vain or not

old bottle and a shell

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Re: old bottle and a shell

Quote Originally Posted by Skitalez View Post
    I have no roses, but have found an old bottle and a shell. Jiro, light almost how was done by you,but only with one lamp. If it is very dark - I has done so purposely. Please, comments - to know, this all is vain or not
    You lucky guy! You beat me to it, Yegor. I've been thinking of shooting some bottle or glass work and you have already done it! I like what you did. You did a good job on your first try. Now, if I may comment.

1. The Rim lighting is really nice. My initial reaction was that the framing is too tight, you cropped the image too close to the subject. Maybe show some more empty space next time?

2. The sea shell can compliment the bottle by showing it at an angle. I'm not seeing a lot from it since you showed it directly in line with the bottle. If you angle it a little bit, your side lighting will show more curves and shadow details that we cannot see right now.

3. I would also probably introduce a very small amount of fill light on the right side of the bottle by using a white cardboard reflector. That would create a more 3-dimensional look on the bottle because of the added fill light.

You're a fast learner! I'm proud of you, Yegor. Keep on experimenting! We are also learning from you as well.

Real Name
    Yegor

Thanks, Jiro! Yes, I see some omissions. Has cut off properly, but was mistaken at a choice of a framework. Still I did a shot from hands, without a support. A fuse not sharp - I used new FISH eye 10-17 PENTAX. It is the first attempt! I shall study

Real Name
    Yegor

here is another try:

old bottle and a shell

Real Name
    Yegor

and another one -

old bottle and a shell

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Quote Originally Posted by Skitalez View Post
    and another one -
    Now, this one has more depth in it. Good job!
    Last edited by Dave Humphries; 28th January 2011 at 11:12 PM.

Real Name
    Yegor

Yes, I think so too! Dark - it is much better! Thanks for viewing and answers!

I love the shell and I love the bottle, but I also prefer the bottle with a touch more light in it. Still great shots - creative.

Real Name
    Kit, aka Slimtla

Yegor these are all very appealing, especially the last one. That one, the bottle has a little more space above and below it and I like the way you have angled it to catch the light across the front. Another might be to have the bottle angled and the shell as well, angled to catch the light. Very nice ideas!

Real Name
    Yegor

Thank you all to you! Yes, on the first photo I instead of to add a frame, have imposed it on picture and have closed a photo
    Last edited by Skitalez; 29th January 2011 at 08:14 AM.