Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Little Boys!

Little Boys!

Toby's birthday, back at the beginning of the month. It was very dark in the room. I used the new 60mm lens and had it open (f2.8) with the ISO at 1600. (Little boys are always on the go.) I, also, have the exposure on my flash turned down a little so that all of the photos with it aren't a huge glare. (Please don't suggest new flash - I already have a fair queue of things that I need to get for photography, right now.)

Also, I'm still struggling with what I'm looking for in a B&W photo. Oh, but, these were originally taken in color.

C&C?

Little Boys!

#2 It's a little dark, isn't it. Every time I lighten it up, it just looks weird. Oh, and it's blurry. Love this, though!
    Little Boys!

Little Boys!

I just passed 700 posts!!! Not bad for a shy person who wants to crawl back into her shell.
    Last edited by Katy Noelle; 26th January 2011 at 07:25 PM.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Re: Little Boys!

Quote Originally Posted by Katy Noelle View Post
    I just passed 700 posts!!! Not bad for a shy person who wants to crawl back into her shell.
    Congratulations Katy, but 'shy' - from a person with two blogs Pull the other one

I like the pictures, as usual, you manage to 'break the rules' and get away with it

#1 a good study of brothers, I think I might have cropped 5% off the left hand side, the chair arm rest and back with flash reflection just distracts a little.

#2 Toby is obviously engrossed and enjoying himself, apart from the low light induced noise, blur and softness, the picture frame on wall doesn't help, but it is a pleasant enough family shot never the less.

#3 My favourite, excellent exposure balance between the face and the background, a nice picture which I think is actually given more 'life' by the impending disaster as the iPod is grabbed I might have cloned a few of the background features to be less of a distraction though, but the picture still works as it stands.

Hope that helps,

Thanks, Dave! The glare on the edge of the chair really bothered me, too. Now, why didn't I just think to crop it out? I think that this is much better, although, somehow, I can't figure out why my B&Ws look so brown.

Little Boys!

This IS a family pic, I guess. I just love it! I think, therefore, that I like it in color. It makes the background make more sense, too.

Little Boys!

I really am shy - really, really! I don't know what draws me on. Love of photography, for sure!

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Quote Originally Posted by Katy Noelle View Post
    Little Boys!

I really am shy - really, really! I don't know what draws me on. Love of photography, for sure!
    Hi Katy,

Yes, that is nicer in colour.

I know, I'm pulling your leg too.

I am shy with people in person too, it is just here I get to be a bit more gregarious

Cheers,