Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: World's First Canon 300mm L Lens Cup

Real Name
    Chris

World's First Canon 300mm L Lens Cup

I'm not sure how many of you have seen this channel on youtube, but I tend to find it quite hilarious and also informative. Give it a peek if you got some time.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DigitalR.../0/uDHQ5lXZGTo
    Last edited by hoffstriker; 24th January 2011 at 04:30 AM.

Real Name
    Doug

Re: World's First Canon 300mm L Lens Cup

Truly a sad thing to happen to a great lens.

Real Name
    Chris

But the auction for this lens is up to $609.00 US and it is for a great cause (Aussie flood relief). I'm starting to think I will need to consider using these guys (DigitalRev.Com) in the future. They are really attempting to change their reputation.

Real Name
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by hoffstriker View Post
    But the auction for this lens is up to $609.00 US and it is for a great cause (Aussie flood relief). I'm starting to think I will need to consider using these guys (DigitalRev.Com) in the future. They are really attempting to change their reputation.
    Hey,

I've just done a search of the forum to see if i could find anything mentioning digitalrev and it's directed me here - so here i am!
    Chris, did they have a bad reputation? Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but im trying to find out if i should use them to buy a camera. (if this is the wrong place, what should i do?)

Andy

Real Name
    Jim

I always go between digitalrev and DWI. Out of the two I have found for lenses that DWI works out better (read cheaper). It’s all very straight forward. Read the terms and conditions of both sites. I have in my experience have no problems with either BUT I know of others that have been brought to tears. I always prefer to be able to walk or at least get to the shop that I am dealing with but it’s not always an option.

Above all remember GREY or GRAY (location depending) is the name of their game. Don't fall for the "our warranty is better than theirs" junk as it often doesn't count for much IMO.

If you have Paypal then I would use it in both cases. Just my opinion.

When seeking reviews of either site you will come across more bad press than good but that will be true for most companies I know.