Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Cloud Dancer

Real Name
    Al

Cloud Dancer

For C&C:

EXIF: Canon 7D 24mm@f/3.2 1/60s ISO100

Cloud Dancer

This is another piece by the same sculptor (Bruce Butler) that made the Cowboy sculpture I posted yesterday. I wanted a shot that included the full wingspan, but any angle that gets the entire piece introduces a lot of sky.

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Re: Cloud Dancer

I'd say you did a good job on the composition. Even if there are some cropped detail on the lower right I think the majority of the sculpture is there. Good work.

Real Name
    Al

Thanks, Jiro. I agree the shot would be better with the full breastplate included. The other thing that sort of annoys me is the over-sharpening apparent along the right side of the sculpture. Perhaps I should re-sharpen after converting to jpg? In any event, there are a couple of PS courses at the local community college starting in mid-January that I'm really looking forward to... hopefully I'll learn how to avoid this problem (and much more). In the meantime, thanks for the feedback, I need all the help I can get, lol.

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

I think you are off to a good start. Looking forward seeing more of your work, Al.