Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: It smells like Christmas! please critique!

It smells like Christmas. please critique!

What do you think of these? It smelled so yummy. I couldn't wait 'till I finished taking pictures so I took a bite out of it's arm! x)

p11509968.jpg

p11509896.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by UtopianStardust; 23rd December 2010 at 07:42 AM. Reason: Images posted inline

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: It smells like Christmas. please critique!

Quote Originally Posted by UtopianStardust View Post
    What do you think of these?I
    **HEADLINE** --- Youngest CiC member seriously assaults Gingerbread Man. Modertors demand that a piece is sent to them as it looks so good !" ---

Have a lovely holiday time UtopianStardust. It's great having you as part of CiC.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    **HEADLINE** --- Youngest CiC member seriously assaults Gingerbread Man. Modertors demand that a piece is sent to them as it looks so good !" ---

Have a lovely holiday time UtopianStardust. It's great having you as part of CiC.
    Funny! x)
    Have a happy holiday!

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Hi Utopia,

These are quite good, as we've come to expect from you.

I think you've got the focus point about right, the interest, perhaps gruesomely, is on the 'point of dismemberment' and the texture within, rather than the surface or facial features.

Other thoughts;
    A bit more DoF might have been useful - there's no EXIF data provided, or in images, so I don't know what you used.
    On the first, a clone extension of the white background into the top right corner would have helped a little.
    I am undecided whether the WB should be on the background, the icing or the plate, you seem to have it on the background, which I'm not sure is best for the scene, however, it is one of those things I'd have to try the alternatives and take a view on which is best, choosing one of the others may make the lighting sheen on surface coloured and that wouldn't look right.
    Both the compositions are fine.

Hope that helps,