Page 440 of 539 FirstFirst ... 340390430438439440441442450490 ... LastLast
Results 8,781 to 8,800 of 10768

Thread: Introduce Yourself & Welcome Other Members (archive)

Real Name
    Roger Bou-Assi

Re: NEW MEMBER? please introduce yourself here

Hello everybody
    I'm Roger and I recently bought a Canon 5D Miii with a 24-105 f/4L IS USM lens.
    I also have an EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM lens with it, and I am thinking of buying a flash now (the Speedlite 600EX-RT)
    I'm not a pro, but I like taking pictures, I am reading a lot of books, experimenting and trying to learn as much as I can about photography,
    it has been my passion for a long time, but I never had the time to experiment till now.
    Hope to get the help I need from you at this forum when I need it.

Best regards
    Roger

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by RogerBA View Post
    Hello everybody
    I'm Roger and I recently bought a Canon 5D Miii with a 24-105 f/4L IS USM lens.
    I also have an EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM lens with it, and I am thinking of buying a flash now (the Speedlite 600EX-RT)
    I'm not a pro, but I like taking pictures, I am reading a lot of books, experimenting and trying to learn as much as I can about photography,
    it has been my passion for a long time, but I never had the time to experiment till now.
    Hope to get the help I need from you at this forum when I need it.

Best regards
    Roger
    Hi Roger,
    welcome to CiC.
    This is a great place to learn. The site has very good tutorials and any questions that are not answered there can be placed in the forums; where they are normally answered very quickly.
    I hope you enjoy being a member and I look forward to seeing your work.
    Don't forget you can edit your profile to include your real name and a rough location. Most of us us real names here, it just makes thing a little friendlier.
    Welcome
    John

Real Name
    Dr. Jitendra Bagria

Hey All

Myself Dr. Jitendra Bagria from Rajasthan (India).
    Just started this passionate world of photography !

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by jitubagria View Post
    Hey All

Myself Dr. Jitendra Bagria from Rajasthan (India).
    Just started this passionate world of photography !
    Hello Dr. Jitendra,
    welcome to CiC, it is very nice that you joined us.
    As you have just started in photography, this is a good place to learn. The tutorials are very good and any question you have can be posted into the forum, where hopefully it will be answered very quickly.
    I look forward to seeing your pictures.
    Kind regards
    John

Hello I'm Marco , from Italy , i started photogropahy 5 months ago and i'm loving it , even if i don't have much time for it now due to work times , anyway i'm happy to join this amazing community and to improve , learn and meet new people .

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by mrco View Post
    Hello I'm Marco , from Italy , i started photogropahy 5 months ago and i'm loving it , even if i don't have much time for it now due to work times , anyway i'm happy to join this amazing community and to improve , learn and meet new people .
    Hello Marco,
    Welcome to CiC.
    I hope you will enjoy the forums and would strongly advise you to have a look at the tutorials here at CIC, they are very good.
    Any questions you have please post on the forum, they are normally answered quickly by the members many of whom are very experienced.
    Don't forget you can edit your profile to include your real name and a rough location. Most of us us real names here, it just makes thing a little friendlier.
    I look forward to seeing your pictures.
    John

Real Name
    Vic Powell

New member here. My name is Vic and I'm from a small town in South Georgia. I am the father of a Professional Wedding Photographer and she got me started with Photography as a hobby. I really enjoy it and am looking forward to the tutorials and input from other members.

Real Name
    Patti

Hello My name is Patti, I just got a Nikon d5100 for Christmas and I am excited to learn how to use it. I love photography and love landscape, taking photos of pets, wildlife, children. And starting my own photography business. I have been hunting for months to learn my digital camera, i have used my point and shoot and my cell phone camera.

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2252 View Post
    New member here. My name is Vic and I'm from a small town in South Georgia. I am the father of a Professional Wedding Photographer and she got me started with Photography as a hobby. I really enjoy it and am looking forward to the tutorials and input from other members.
    Hi Vic,
    Welcome to CiC.
    I would guess you have access to a lot of advice from your daughter; but here at CiC you will have the chance to ask for advice from 1000's of members. As you will see the tutorials are very good and the forums back these up, as you can post any additional questions you might have there and get the members to help out.
    I look forward to seeing your pictures and talking to you futher.
    Don't forget you can edit your profile to add your real name so that it shows in the real name field, as I have done, then it will show on all of your future posts.
    I hope you enjoy being a member.
    John

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by purplepeople8r View Post
    Hello My name is Patti, I just got a Nikon d5100 for Christmas and I am excited to learn how to use it. I love photography and love landscape, taking photos of pets, wildlife, children. And starting my own photography business. I have been hunting for months to learn my digital camera, i have used my point and shoot and my cell phone camera.
    Hello Patti,
    A big welcome to CiC from me.

What a great present, Nikon are very good cameras. It's nice that you are not limiting yourself to one type/style of photography as this will allow you to gain a wide scope of experience.
    This site has great tutorials which will certainly help you learn. Any question you have can be posted in the forums, the members normally reply quickly; giving help and advice.
    I look forward to your first picture post; I think the best way to learn is to post into the forum and get C&C from the members, it really does help.
    Enjoy being a member and get posting.
    Kind regards
    John

Hello. My name is Dusty and I just joined the forum. I've been interested in photography for many years and still enjoy it. I currently use Canon DSLRs. I split my time between Maui and California. Here is a recent shot of the chanel between Maui and Moloka`i (in the distance).
    Attached Images Attached Images

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by wdf View Post
    Hello. My name is Dusty and I just joined the forum. I've been interested in photography for many years and still enjoy it. I currently use Canon DSLRs. I split my time between Maui and California. Here is a recent shot of the chanel between Maui and Moloka`i (in the distance).
    Hi Dusty,
    It's nice to have you join us and welcome to CiC.
    That's a nice first picture to post a good start and I look forward to seeing more of your work and talking to you further over the coming weeks.
    Don't forget you can; if you wish edit your profile to include your real name and a rough location, most of us use first names here, just makes things a little friendlier.
    I hope you enjoy being a member.
    John

Real Name
    Cheryl

Hello', my name is Cheryl I live in the U.S.A. in Kentucky. I love photography and I had a Nikon and sold it for a bridge. I love it. I have the Panasonic lumix FZ 200. Thanks for having me.

Real Name
    Cheryl

How do you add your avitar?

Real Name
    Cheryl

nice composition, good job.

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by country girl View Post
    How do you add your avitar?
    Hi Cheryl,
    Welcome to CiC.
    If you want to add an Avatar, click on the 'settings' button on the top the page, you then see the add/edit avatar on the left about half way down the screen.
    Hope this helps.
    John

Real Name
    Dave

Welcome. To change your avatar, go to "settings" near the top right of the screen, and you'll find change your avatar in the menu on the left. Good luck. Dave

Real Name
    Pauline Wright

Happy New year to you all.
    I'm Pauline and live in Lancashire with my photographicoholic husband Paul and daughter Lizzie. I started taking photos a few months back and Paul is a member here so thought "if you can't beat them, join them!"
    I am very much in the learning stages so please be gentle with me!!!

Pauline

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by pollyplop64 View Post
    Happy New year to you all.
    I'm Pauline and live in Lancashire with my photographicoholic husband Paul and daughter Lizzie. I started taking photos a few months back and Paul is a member here so thought "if you can't beat them, join them!"
    I am very much in the learning stages so please be gentle with me!!!

Pauline
    Hi Pauline,
    we are alway gentle here at CiC, we are all learning together .
    A big welcome to CiC.
    My wife comes with me on most of my shoots, but has no interest in photography at all. The only time she shows any interest, is if she wants me to take pictures of the cakes she bakes.

What sort of camera are you shooting with?
    As Paul has probably told you the tutorials are very good here and if hubby can't answer any questions you have then the forums normally sort things out.

I look forward to seeing your first picture post and talking to you further.
    Regards
    John

PS. Don't forget you can edit your profile to add your real name and a rough location if you wish. Most of us use first names here.

Real Name
    Larry McMahon

Hello, new member here. I have always been a Photographer at heart. I'm the one at all the family reunions and get togethers, trip, etc... with the camera. Whether it was a point and shoot or here recently when I purchased my first DSLR. Wow do I have a learning curve. I am however having fun. I work 2nd shift so I'm unable to take any Photography classes. I would do it on line but, there's nothing like "hands on" training. So as a result I'm teaching myself. I have some questions which ill address in another topic. So, hopefully ill get to meet some of you as a I learn my Canon T3i 600d. Here's 1 photo I took yesterday. I do use Lightroom 4. I need all the help I can get.