Page 339 of 539 FirstFirst ... 239289329337338339340341349389439 ... LastLast
Results 6,761 to 6,780 of 10768

Thread: Introduce Yourself & Welcome Other Members (archive)

Re: NEW MEMBER? please introduce yourself here

Hi I am Frank and I live in surrey England. Always had a camera since early on and changed to digital 4 years ago. Now have a canon 30D with 24-105 and 100-400 lenses for my love of nature and bird photography. Am half way thro an on-line course in dig. image taking and will find the forum very helpful

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by birdjunk View Post
    Hi I am Frank and I live in surrey England. Always had a camera since early on and changed to digital 4 years ago. Now have a canon 30D with 24-105 and 100-400 lenses for my love of nature and bird photography. Am half way thro an on-line course in dig. image taking and will find the forum very helpful
    A warm welcome Frank and I hope you do indeed find CiC a useful resource. Between the forum and the tutorials I hope you'll find ready access to a pool of information and support that complements other learning you are undertaking.

And, of course, the forum provides a platform for discussion and debate on all matters photographic.

Real Name
    Dan

Hello all, I'm Dan, a complete newbie to photography. Have a second hand EOS 10D that I'm learning through trial and error what works and what doesn't. As a paramedic I work shifts, so it was difficult to really get the best from my local societies, and so am looking forward to participating in a forum/society/camera club* (delete as applicable) thats open 24 hours a day!

New member from the Phoenix (AZ) metro area. I have been in law enforcement for over 25 yrs, so my wife told me to find a hobby, and stop bugging her (she is into digital scrapbooking). I have alway been interested in photography, but as my friend says, I have a $1200 point and shoot camera (Nikon D7000) because I have it in auto. So its time to learn how to use my camera. I really like macro and can't wait to try our my new Nikon Micro 85mm VR lens that was delivered yesterday. The information on this site is outstanding! Phil

Real Name
    Dave

Greetings everyone
    I can across this website today after searching Google for tips on digital photography.
    Photography has been a hobby of mine for many years although I have been able to devote the time to it in the past few years but this is about to change! I have recently bought a Panasonic GX1 to compliment my elderly but little used Canon EOS300d and various p&s digital cameras. Most of my photography even after buying the 300d was still done with film in particular shooting b&W with rangefinder cameras. I do like the compactness of the rangefinder and I'm hoping that the GX1 will provide a similar experience. I do carry a small Canon p&s with me at all times as often I see something that catches my eye.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by Danbee View Post
    Hello all, I'm Dan, a complete newbie to photography. Have a second hand EOS 10D that I'm learning through trial and error what works and what doesn't. As a paramedic I work shifts, so it was difficult to really get the best from my local societies, and so am looking forward to participating in a forum/society/camera club* (delete as applicable) thats open 24 hours a day!
    Hello Dan. Welcome to the forum. I hope you find that CiC is resource that can help along the learning curve. The worldwide membership certainly ensures 24 hour-per-day activity and, as I hope you've maybe already seen, many of those members are very willing to sahre knowledge adn experience to help others with their learning.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by pschonig View Post
    New member from the Phoenix (AZ) metro area. I have been in law enforcement for over 25 yrs, so my wife told me to find a hobby, and stop bugging her ...
    What a sensible woman! Welcome Phil - Great to have you here.

You'll certainly not be short of people on here supporting that view that you get the camera off Auto and that you start taking control of what you produce, not the camera. But you'll hopefully get whatever support you ask for in taking that step. It can feel like taking a couple of steps backwards, but it is worth it.

By the way, so that you don't continue to get people asking you what your proper name is, because most us use that on here, you can go to Edit Profile and enter your proper name under 'Real Name'. Then it will appear underneath your Username in all your posts. You can also enter your location so that it does the same, just as in my details alongside this message. Then we all know where everyone is in the world.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by AliasMrHackenbacker View Post
    I can across this website today after searching Google for tips on digital photography.
    Hello Dave. I'm glad you found us. I hope you quickly find that it's a forum where you want to stick around and become an active participant.

As well as joining in discussions and asking any questions that you might have, I hope that we will see some of your images as well.

Real Name
    Dave

Thanks Donald, I will be sticking around and will be posting some images as soon as I get my new laptop sorted

Real Name
    chung

Hello
    I'm from Singapore.
    Took up photography 18 months ago.
    Started with Canon 5D Mk II - upgraded to Mk III last month.
    I am also enjoying the Leica series M and S and having a whale of a time doing on site shootings.

Real Name
    Roeland Selleslachs

Hi all,

I am Roeland Selleslachs from Belgium, after a period of getting myself a son and a place to live, I'm trying to get into photography again. Because of the steep learning curve (mostly for post-processing) I joined CIC. My goal is twofold: Firstly I'd like to photograph more than I currently do. Second, I want to master post-processing in such a way that I get the most out of my gear.
    My main subject is landscape photography, but I occasionally shoot streetlife when I'm on a citytrip. For those interested; the core of my gear is the canon 5D classic AKA the dust filter.

Real Name
    Beverley

Greetings to my fellow photographers!
    My name is Beverley, born and raised in South Africa but residing in Bahrain and Middle East for the last 9 years. I LOVE my Nikon D90 and is learning everyday how to use it. I have not developed a style yet, but enjoy capturing various from landscape, still life, portraits, street photography and animals. I want to GROW to eventually capture what I see in my mind's eye

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by docchung View Post
    Hello
    I'm from Singapore.
    Took up photography 18 months ago.
    Started with Canon 5D Mk II - upgraded to Mk III last month.
    I am also enjoying the Leica series M and S and having a whale of a time doing on site shootings.
    Hello again Chung (we have already exchanged messages in another part of the forum). I hope you are enjoying being part of CiC and that it is achieving the objectives you hoped it would.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by roeland View Post
    I am Roeland Selleslachs from Belgium, after a period of getting myself a son and a place to live, I'm trying to get into photography again. Because of the steep learning curve (mostly for post-processing) I joined CIC. My goal is twofold: Firstly I'd like to photograph more than I currently do. Second, I want to master post-processing in such a way that I get the most out of my gear.
    My main subject is landscape photography, but I occasionally shoot streetlife when I'm on a citytrip. For those interested; the core of my gear is the canon 5D classic AKA the dust filter.
    Although we have exchanged messages in another section of the forum, Roeland, nevertheless allow me to wish you a very warm welcome in this introductory thread.

I hope you are already finding CiC useful and continue to do so.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by bevie View Post
    I want to GROW to eventually capture what I see in my mind's eye
    And that, Beverley, is the best goal you could have. And I hope that being part of CiC can contribute towards you achieving that.

Great to have you here and thanks for signing-up. And, of course, if you have any questions, please do ask them.

Real Name
    Alex.Rae

Hi all My name is Alex. Although born in Scotland I moved to Johannesburg South Africa in 71. I have just got back into photography seriously after a long break where I more or less used point and shoot. I originally had a canon ae1 film only camera then a canon 350D which I managed to drop in the sea. As i am now about to retire and have some time on my hands I have got myself a canon 7d with a 18-135 mm and a 100-400mm lens. I love wildlife and spend as much time in our game reserves as possible. I have joined our local photo Club. Looking forward to learning a lot from all you folks. Just trying to post a shot. Introduce Yourself & Welcome Other Members (archive)
    Last edited by zascot; 5th April 2012 at 11:58 AM.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by zascot View Post
    Hi all My name is Alex. Although born in Scotland I moved to Johannesburg South Africa in 71. I have just got back into photography seriously after a long break where I more or less used point and shoot. I originally had a canon ae1 film only camera then a canon 350D which I managed to drop in the sea. As i am now about to retire and have some time on my hands I have got myself a canon 7d with a 18-135 mm and a 100-400mm lens. I love wildlife and spend as much time in our game reserves as possible. I have joined our local photo Club. Looking forward to learning a lot from all you folks. Just trying to post a shot.
    Now, that is quite an introductory image.

Welcome Alex, great to have you here. Where were you in Scotland before you moved?

Your story about the long break and then 're-discovering' photography is so reminiscent of the experience of so many people on here, myself included. So you're in good company.

I hope you enjoy being part of CiC and that the support, advice and suggestions that are always available to prove their worth in terms of helping you develop your knowledge and skills.

By the way, you've maybe seen that most of us tend to use our real names on here. It makes communication more friendly and CiC is that sort of site. You can go to Edit Profile and enter your proper name under 'Real Name'. Then it will appear underneath your Username in all your posts. You can also enter your location so that it does the same, just as in my details alongside this message. Then we all know where everyone is in the world.

Real Name
    David

I am David from Perth, Australia. I'm a newbie and this is my first post. I have recently caught the photography bug and am on a steep learning curve to discovering different aspects about photography. I have much to learn from the Forum and CiC. Your comment/feedback on my first picture post is appreciated.

Introduce Yourself & Welcome Other Members (archive)
    Last edited by Gazelle Intent; 5th April 2012 at 04:02 PM.

Real Name
    Stewart

My Nikon Coolpix 880 just died. I want to do more than my Canon Powershot A1100 IS and Picasa allows. I've pretty much settled on a Canon SX 40 for the ability to reach out to birds and beasts without their knowing I'm there, the tilt and swivel monitor that will allow taking pictures of bugs and plants at difficult angles, and because my nephew, a power user, just bot a Canon G1X and Photoshop so I can ask him for help learning the camera's menus and abilities. I discovered Cambridge during my research of filters, tripods, additional batteries, and photo manipulating software. I will be using these forums to learn as much as necessary before purchasing. I will be looking for your help in making the best purchases. (Hint: I'm retired and on a somewhat limited budget.)

Mr Bunny
    Attached Images Attached Images

Real Name
    Soren

Hello everyone,

New member but not new to the site. Have enjoyed the images and tutorials on here for a while now. Always looking to learn more and develop my skills and understanding. I am from Darlington in the uk so am very lucky to have both Teesdale and Weardale on my doorstep, also the Yorkshire Dales and North York Moors, the N.E. coast, Northumberland and the Lake District all around me as well. So plenty of opportunity and inspiration. I am now to finishing a Cert Ed so am looking forward to getting my life back and playing with my camera again. I am a new user of LR3 and also have CS3 and PSE4. I am very unskilled with them all so will be looking for plenty of advice. I am also a member of flickr and ephotozine.