Page 1 of 118 1231151101 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 2352
Like Tree285Helpful post votes

Thread: NEW MEMBER? please introduce yourself here

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    4,074

    NEW MEMBER? please introduce yourself here

    Hello!

    We are very pleased you decided to join us.

    Why not take a few minutes to briefly introduce yourself as a new member, but please do not post images for comment in this thread - it's just for introductions. You are welcome to post one image to demonstrate your photography style.

    It can be confusing joining a new forum. The following information may help you in getting established here. We know you want to get started, but reading this will help you get started properly.

    POSTING IMAGES - For technical advice on posting photos, please read this excellent guide How can I post images here? please also see; How to Get Effective Feedback for your Posted Images

    VIEWING IMAGES - If you are looking for help on viewing images on this site then try here.

    YOUR WEBSITE - If you have your own photo website or Flickr page you may put a link to it in your forum signature (see mine below for example). You can also introduce other members to your site in This thread.

    LOCATION - Put yourself on our members map on Google. But please check the security aspects when you do this CiC Google map

    CONDUCT - The general emphasis here is on support and learning. To do that, we often give detailed criticism on shots, where people have asked for it. We always try to do that in a fair, polite, and balanced manner. We also have a lot of fun on here, making humorous comments with one another. But again, it's nearly always done in a friendly manner, softened with the use of smilies.

    If you follow the above guidelines you won't go far wrong. We rarely have a problem with things that are said on-line. However, the Admin/Mod group monitor all activity on this site, and any inappropriate comment will be removed or edited. We urge all new members to read the Code of Conduct FAQ.

    NAMES - It's more friendly if you put your first name in your profile so that it appears on your posts. Select 'forum action/edit profile' from the menu at the top of the page. 'Real name' is at the bottom of the page. We suggest that for security reasons you only use your first name.

    TUTORIALS - Try our famous tutorials, especially if you have a specific or general technical question. See the menu at the top of the page.

    POSTING - Just start a new thread to ask a new question/start a discussion/post your images, but please give some thought to starting it in the correct section. Or just reply to existing threads to join in with a discussion that is in progress. If you are doubtful about posting your work, then please read this How to Get Effective Feedback for your Posted Images The FAQ (on menu above) will give you general assistance if you have difficulty FAQ forum usage

    Still stuck? Don't worry, just send a PM (Personal Message) to one of the Admin/Mods. You can find them here Mods To get to this list normally, select 'quick links/view forum Moderators'. As you move your mouse over a name a 'PM' button will appear. Click it for the Mod you want and send your PM.
    Last edited by Dave Humphries; 30th December 2012 at 04:26 PM. Reason: added link to new post on effective feedback
    tamelvis, CHITHRARAGAM, Mike g and 88 others found this helpful.

  2. #2
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Notts
    Posts
    7
    Real Name
    Fred

    Re: NEW MEMBER? please introduce yourself here

    Hello to everyone @ Cambridge in Colour, I'm Fred and I use a Nikon D700 with a 28-70mm f2.8 lens. I've also got one of the first D2x bodies and use a 17-55mm f2.8 DX lens with it. I'm not a pro wizard but more than a point and shoot person.
    I'm happy to take portraits of family and friends in my little moble studio lit by 2 bowens lights. I have a question about DOF that I will post later.
    mapyron and JML found this helpful.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Krefeld, Germany
    Posts
    21
    Real Name
    Jörg Hövel

    Re: NEW MEMBER? please introduce yourself here

    Hi everybody,

    my name is Jörg Hövel (sorry, german spelling) and I'm from Germany. I took my first photo around 46 years ago with a (stupid) Kodac Instamatic 64. My major focus is travel and animal photography. A friend of mine sent me the link to your web side and I'm impressed. I hope to chat with nice people and share some expirience and pictures.

    You can see some pictures at http://500px.com/joerghoevel or on my blog http://www.joerhoevel.com

    By the way, I'm using several cameras and lenses, but the Sony A65 is my favorite right now

  4. #4
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1
    Real Name
    Ruby

    Re: NEW MEMBER? please introduce yourself here

    Hello. My name is Ruby. I've been taking pictures for about 50 years, but still have a lot to learn. My main problem right now is the switch to digital. I can only afford the small point-and-shoot cameras. When I want to take a serious picture, I use my old film based Nikon or fully manual Canon (which I love). I do teach people to use their little point-and-shoots more effectively, eg: USE YOUR FLASH in bright sunlight; DON'T USE FLASH to shoot the kids Christmas play, switch to a higher ISO setting - simple stuff like that. Love photography, use photographs to supplement my writing.

  5. #5
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1

    Re: NEW MEMBER? please introduce yourself here

    Hello everyone my name is Greg. I'm very new to photography and got started with the Sony Rx 100. I love it. And take it everywhere with me. I love walking and cycling and its lightness suits me well. I'm now interested in a Camera with a greater focal length to take wild life and scenery I see on the way, but don't fancy a lot of lenses. Any thought on the Fuji x-1S

  6. #6
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1

    Re: NEW MEMBER? please introduce yourself here

    hello,
    I am bhupesh living in ahmedabad,India. I have been doing nature and landscape photography since almost 20 years.I am here to learn some thing more about photography.

  7. #7
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Pasadena, california
    Posts
    1
    Real Name
    Jan Van Diver

    Re: NEW MEMBER? please introduce yourself here

    Hello to everyone,

    I make studio jewelry and often incorporate vitreous enamels in my work. I want to become better at taking my own photos of my work. Though I have had some photography classes with slr cameras (many years ago) and still have a vintage Minolta and lenses, I now have a Sony NEX 5N with just the 18-55 kit lens. This site was highly recommended by dpreview.com where I was researching macro lenses for the Sony.

    I hope I will be able to replace all of my boring product images with new beautiful ones by learning from all of you more advanced photographers

  8. #8
    JPS
    JPS is offline
    JPS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Essex, UK
    Posts
    1,474
    Real Name
    John

    Re: NEW MEMBER? please introduce yourself here

    Quote Originally Posted by shareindex View Post
    Hello to everyone @ Cambridge in Colour, I'm Fred and I use a Nikon D700 with a 28-70mm f2.8 lens. I've also got one of the first D2x bodies and use a 17-55mm f2.8 DX lens with it. I'm not a pro wizard but more than a point and shoot person.
    I'm happy to take portraits of family and friends in my little moble studio lit by 2 bowens lights. I have a question about DOF that I will post later.
    Hi Fred,
    Welcome to CiC. This is a great place to learn and enjoy your hobby. I look forward to hearing your question and seeing your work.
    Don't forget you can edit your profie; if you wish, so that it includes your name and a rough location as I have done.

  9. #9
    JPS
    JPS is offline
    JPS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Essex, UK
    Posts
    1,474
    Real Name
    John

    Re: NEW MEMBER? please introduce yourself here

    Quote Originally Posted by Joerg View Post
    Hi everybody,

    my name is Jörg Hövel (sorry, german spelling) and I'm from Germany. I took my first photo around 46 years ago with a (stupid) Kodac Instamatic 64. My major focus is travel and animal photography. A friend of mine sent me the link to your web side and I'm impressed. I hope to chat with nice people and share some expirience and pictures.

    You can see some pictures at http://500px.com/joerghoevel or on my blog http://www.joerhoevel.com

    By the way, I'm using several cameras and lenses, but the Sony A65 is my favorite right now
    Hi Jörg,
    Welcome to CiC. I look forward to seeing your pictures and talking to you further over the coming weeks.

  10. #10
    JPS
    JPS is offline
    JPS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Essex, UK
    Posts
    1,474
    Real Name
    John

    Re: NEW MEMBER? please introduce yourself here

    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby Jaggernath View Post
    Hello. My name is Ruby. I've been taking pictures for about 50 years, but still have a lot to learn. My main problem right now is the switch to digital. I can only afford the small point-and-shoot cameras. When I want to take a serious picture, I use my old film based Nikon or fully manual Canon (which I love). I do teach people to use their little point-and-shoots more effectively, eg: USE YOUR FLASH in bright sunlight; DON'T USE FLASH to shoot the kids Christmas play, switch to a higher ISO setting - simple stuff like that. Love photography, use photographs to supplement my writing.
    Hi Ruby,
    a big welcome to CiC from me.

    You appear to already be helping others so I hope that continues here and that you can learn from the members and tutorials on this site. I hope you enjoy being a member.
    Regards
    John

  11. #11
    JPS
    JPS is offline
    JPS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Essex, UK
    Posts
    1,474
    Real Name
    John

    Re: NEW MEMBER? please introduce yourself here

    Quote Originally Posted by gjlivesey View Post
    Hello everyone my name is Greg. I'm very new to photography and got started with the Sony Rx 100. I love it. And take it everywhere with me. I love walking and cycling and its lightness suits me well. I'm now interested in a Camera with a greater focal length to take wild life and scenery I see on the way, but don't fancy a lot of lenses. Any thought on the Fuji x-1S
    Hi Greg,
    thanks for joining up to CiC, I am sure you will find this site a great learning resource. Don't forget to check out the tutorials, there is a lot of information that you may find helpful.
    I look forward to speaking to you further over the coming weeks.

  12. #12
    JPS
    JPS is offline
    JPS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Essex, UK
    Posts
    1,474
    Real Name
    John

    Re: NEW MEMBER? please introduce yourself here

    Quote Originally Posted by bhupesh03 View Post
    hello,
    I am bhupesh living in ahmedabad,India. I have been doing nature and landscape photography since almost 20 years.I am here to learn some thing more about photography.
    Hello Bhupesh,
    Welcome.

    Don't forget you can edit your profie; so that it includes your name and a rough location as I have done on my profile under my picture on the left. It just makes it nicer when other members are reponding to you future posts, we all normally use first names.
    I look forward to seeing your pictures, so please post some soon my friend.
    Kind regards.
    John

  13. #13
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Texas, US
    Posts
    4

    Re: NEW MEMBER? please introduce yourself here

    Hello Everyone.
    My name is Manny. Photography has been a hobby of mine for many years. I've also studied fine art, mainly portraiture, which I think reflects in my photography. I work on an offshore oil rig half of the year as an ROV technician, which means I have the other half to take photos. My main camera is a Nikon D700 with the 24-70mm and 70-200mm lenses.

  14. #14
    JPS
    JPS is offline
    JPS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Essex, UK
    Posts
    1,474
    Real Name
    John

    Re: NEW MEMBER? please introduce yourself here

    Quote Originally Posted by MannyG View Post
    Hello Everyone.
    My name is Manny. Photography has been a hobby of mine for many years. I've also studied fine art, mainly portraiture, which I think reflects in my photography. I work on an offshore oil rig half of the year as an ROV technician, which means I have the other half to take photos. My main camera is a Nikon D700 with the 24-70mm and 70-200mm lenses.
    Hi Manny,
    Welcome to CiC, I'm glad you decided to join up. This is a great site for learning and sharing knowledge with others. I'm sure you will find the tutorials a great learning resource and it looks as if you are well placed to help others.
    Last edited by JPS; 24th November 2012 at 04:38 PM.

  15. #15
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Cornwall UK
    Posts
    2

    Re: NEW MEMBER? please introduce yourself here

    Hi to you all, My names Tom and i'm from cornwall uk, new to photography and looking to learn as much as i can. I have just purchased a Canon DSLR.

  16. #16
    JPS
    JPS is offline
    JPS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Essex, UK
    Posts
    1,474
    Real Name
    John

    Re: NEW MEMBER? please introduce yourself here

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom McL View Post
    Hi to you all, My names Tom and i'm from cornwall uk, new to photography and looking to learn as much as i can. I have just purchased a Canon DSLR.
    Hi Tom,
    Welcome to CiC.
    I'm a canon user myself what model have you got?
    Don't forget the great tutorials this site has, you can learn a lot from that part of the site as well as the forums.

    I look forward to seeing your pictures, no better time than the present why not get posting straight away.

    I hope you enjoy being a member.
    John
    Last edited by JPS; 25th November 2012 at 08:00 PM.

  17. #17
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1
    Real Name
    Edye

    Re: NEW MEMBER? please introduce yourself here

    Hi there My name is Edye I am from Australia and I have been a keen 'snapshot' photographer (using camera auto functions) with my Pentax K10D DSLR and previously Pentax film SLR camera for many years ..however I want to learn manual techniques ..depth of field.. macro.. focus ... lighting techniques etc and about Raw photography .. was checking out macro options to enable my camera to do clearer closeups and so thereby found this site on a google search .. love the tutorials just have to get my head around the technicalities of them and practice .. thanks for a great site

  18. #18
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1

    Re: NEW MEMBER? please introduce yourself here

    Hi, new forum member from London UK. I have been coming to this site on and off, it's a fantastic resource with great tutorials and from what I've seen some fantastic photographers. Hoping to become an active member here.

  19. #19
    New Member crystal singer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Lancashire, UK
    Posts
    1
    Real Name
    Dawn

    Re: NEW MEMBER? please introduce yourself here

    Hiya, my name is Dawn from Lancashire UK. I found my way here to CiC via a link posted by a fellow member on another photography forum, who had posted that this is a great site with loads of learning tutorials which I am sure will be very useful to me. I took up photography as a hobby in January 2010 and have enjoyed getting out and about with my camera and trying various techniques, however I still feel there is always more to learn as I believe one can never have too much information when it comes to this wonderful subject. I look forward to having a wonder through the various forum threads and especially the tutorials. Once I have found my feet here, I will begin posting and sharing some of my photos etc.

    See you round the forum

    Cheers

    Dawn

  20. #20
    JPS
    JPS is offline
    JPS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Essex, UK
    Posts
    1,474
    Real Name
    John

    Re: NEW MEMBER? please introduce yourself here

    Quote Originally Posted by crystal singer View Post
    Hiya, my name is Dawn from Lancashire UK. I found my way here to CiC via a link posted by a fellow member on another photography forum, who had posted that this is a great site with loads of learning tutorials which I am sure will be very useful to me. I took up photography as a hobby in January 2010 and have enjoyed getting out and about with my camera and trying various techniques, however I still feel there is always more to learn as I believe one can never have too much information when it comes to this wonderful subject. I look forward to having a wonder through the various forum threads and especially the tutorials. Once I have found my feet here, I will begin posting and sharing some of my photos etc.

    See you round the forum

    Cheers

    Dawn
    Hi Dawn,
    Welcome to CiC.
    Another photography site, are there any others? I thought CiC was the only photographic site on the web; Oh yes, I remember now CiC is just the best site on the web.
    I agree with your comments there is always more to learn and this is a great place to do that.
    I look forward to seeing your pictures and welcome on board.
    Kind regards
    John
    johnbb52 found this helpful.

Page 1 of 118 1231151101 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •