Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW MEMBER? Please Introduce Yourself Here

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

NEW MEMBER? Please Introduce Yourself Here

Hello!

We are very pleased you decided to join us.

Why not take a few minutes to briefly introduce yourself as a new member, but please do not post images for comment in this thread - it's just for introductions. You are welcome to post one image to demonstrate your photography style.

It can be confusing joining a new forum. The following information may help you in getting established here. We know you want to get started, but reading this will help you get started properly.

POSTING IMAGES - For technical advice on posting photos, please read this excellent guide How can I post images here? please also see; How to Get Effective Feedback for your Posted Images

VIEWING IMAGES - If you are looking for help on viewing images on this site then try here.

YOUR WEBSITE - If you have your own photo website or Flickr page you may put a link to it in your forum signature (see mine below for example). You can also introduce other members to your site in This thread.

LOCATION - Put yourself on our members map on Google. But please check the security aspects when you do this CiC Google map

CONDUCT - The general emphasis here is on support and learning. To do that, we often give detailed criticism on shots, where people have asked for it. We always try to do that in a fair, polite, and balanced manner. We also have a lot of fun on here, making humorous comments with one another. But again, it's nearly always done in a friendly manner, softened with the use of smilies.

If you follow the above guidelines you won't go far wrong. We rarely have a problem with things that are said on-line. However, the Admin/Mod group monitor all activity on this site, and any inappropriate comment will be removed or edited. We urge all new members to read the Code of Conduct FAQ.

NAMES - It's more friendly if you put your first name in your profile so that it appears on your posts. Select 'forum action/edit profile' from the menu at the top of the page. 'Real name' is at the bottom of the page. We suggest that for security reasons you only use your first name.

TUTORIALS - Try our famous tutorials, especially if you have a specific or general technical question. See the menu at the top of the page.

POSTING - Just start a new thread to ask a new question/start a discussion/post your images, but please give some thought to starting it in the correct section. Or just reply to existing threads to join in with a discussion that is in progress. If you are doubtful about posting your work, then please read this How to Get Effective Feedback for your Posted Images The FAQ (on menu above) will give you general assistance if you have difficulty FAQ forum usage

Still stuck? Don't worry, just send a PM (Personal Message) to one of the Admin/Mods. You can find them here Mods To get to this list normally, select 'quick links/view forum Moderators'. As you move your mouse over a name a 'PM' button will appear. Click it for the Mod you want and send your PM.
    Last edited by Colin Southern; 15th May 2014 at 01:56 AM.

Re: NEW MEMBER? Please Introduce Yourself Here

Hi CiC!

This is MV from India, who is a budding photographer, curious to learn.
    I have one question(Though it may seem trivial, I haven't figured it out yet ): How to start a new thread? How to post a question?

Thanks and Regards,
    MV

Moderator Edit

Question answered when posted in a different thread.
    Last edited by Donald; 6th July 2020 at 09:30 PM.

Greetings,
    I live in Massachusetts, USA. I am a hobbyist. My goal is to learn and improve my photography.

Hi am Sophia Miller. Feeling happy to have joined you. I love photography and warm colors

Real Name
    Ted

Quote Originally Posted by Sophia Miller View Post
    Hi am Sophia Miller. Feeling happy to have joined you. I love photography and warm colors
    Hello Sophia, a warm welcome to you from the forum tech. guy ...

Hello all - I'm from New Hampshire (USA) Received an BA in Art (Photography) back in the 70's - film/darkroom. At 72 I'm about to retire to my favorite hobbies - woodworking and photography. Been using a Sony a6000 for a few years, just bought a Sony a7RIV - use Skylum software...can't wait to have more time to learn - all over again! Looking forward to interacting and learning from everyone.

Hi, my Name is Dan, I am from England and mostly photograph at night. I have often referred to the Cambridge in Colour website as a reliable source of information, so thought it was time I joined the forum! I look forward to sharing images with you and learning from others on here.

Hello I live in US for 20 years. I married to Lance and we both love Canon gear.

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by Pappyb View Post
    Hello all - I'm from New Hampshire (USA) Received an BA in Art (Photography) back in the 70's - film/darkroom. At 72 I'm about to retire to my favorite hobbies - woodworking and photography. Been using a Sony a6000 for a few years, just bought a Sony a7RIV - use Skylum software...can't wait to have more time to learn - all over again! Looking forward to interacting and learning from everyone.
    Hi there "Pappyb",

Welcome to the CiC forums from me, we are a friendly bunch and usually address each other on first name terms, so it would be helpful to supply that info when posting - which I hope won't be too long coming.

I'm not personally a Sony shooter myself (Nikon DSLR, Canon compacts), but we have several experienced members who are Sony and they all regard them highly.

Kind regards,
    Dave

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshooter View Post
    Hi, my Name is Dan, I am from England and mostly photograph at night. I have often referred to the Cambridge in Colour website as a reliable source of information, so thought it was time I joined the forum! I look forward to sharing images with you and learning from others on here.
    Hi Dan,

Thanks for the PM, which I replied to a little earlier.

It took me a while to summon the courage to participate here, but I got there eventually, albeit many years ago now (yikes).

Warm welcome to the CiC forums from me,
    Dave

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by martinemedium5 View Post
    Hello I live in US for 20 years. I married to Lance and we both love Canon gear.
    Welcome to the CiC forums Martine,

As said to Pappyb a couple of posts ago, I do shoot Canon, preferring their compacts to Nikon's, even though I chose that brand for my DSLR.

I hope we see some of your photos here soon,
    Dave

Hi, I'm a amateur photographer, shooting mostly floral and closeup work. I've just picked up a set of Vivitar Extension Tubes AT-3 for my Nikon D7000. Can anyone shed some light on how to use these non-AI non-AF devices on my Nikon? Thanks

Hello members I am Michael Joseph upcoming photographer from Kenya. Thank you for your invitation

I am new here, name beyond metaphor I use a range of gear to create images. I will post some soon to show

Real Name
    Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshooter View Post
    Hi Dan, welcome to CiC.

Your reference to night photography reminded me that a number of years ago there was at least one lengthy thread dedicated to night/dark photography. After a few minutes hunting, I found it: Post Dark Photography .

Unfortunately many but not all of the photos in that thread are no longer accessible. That's because many of us used to use the now defunct Tinypics for posting photos.

Greetings
    I am Rajeev Moudgil, from India. By profession I am a Banker, and by Passion, a Photographer. I am of the conviction that a photograph is a mirror image of the photographer. I have joined Cambiridge in colour, to chisel my raw edges, learn advance techniques in light, flash, Portrait and Photoshop.

Real Name
    Dave

Hello Michael and welcome. We don't have many members from East Africa, so you are especially welcome. What type of photography most interests you?

Quote Originally Posted by michael joseph View Post
    Hello members I am Michael Joseph upcoming photographer from Kenya. Thank you for your invitation

Real Name
    Dave

Hi there and welcome. I hope you will post some images soon. Whereabouts in the world are you from?

Quote Originally Posted by beyondmetaphor View Post
    I am new here, name beyond metaphor I use a range of gear to create images. I will post some soon to show

Real Name
    Dave

Greetings Rajeev and a warm welcome to our Community. There are some very expert photographers here who are always ready to share their knowledge. What part of the wonderful country of India are you from?

Quote Originally Posted by goodwill View Post
    Greetings
    I am Rajeev Moudgil, from India. By profession I am a Banker, and by Passion, a Photographer. I am of the conviction that a photograph is a mirror image of the photographer. I have joined Cambiridge in colour, to chisel my raw edges, learn advance techniques in light, flash, Portrait and Photoshop.

Hello Dave and everybody. My name's Jon and I live in Oxfordshire UK. This is a test of a photo upload/link.

NEW MEMBER? Please Introduce Yourself Here

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast