Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW MEMBER? Please Introduce Yourself Here

Real Name
    Ted

Re: NEW MEMBER? Please Introduce Yourself Here

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Lip View Post
    Hello Dave and everybody. My name's Jon and I live in Oxfordshire UK.
    Welcome, Jon. I lived in Shrivenham in the 50s when it was in Berkshire.
    Last edited by xpatUSA; 28th August 2020 at 02:41 PM.

Real Name
    Anand Prabhu

Hello everyone I am Anand Prabhu from India currently living and working in Dubai. I am a beginner in Photography learning a lot of new things everyday. I hope to learn a lot from this community as well.

Hello Anand and welcome. I am also a new member, let's hope that we both learn from others here...

I don't think that you would recognise it now Fred. The relentless march of housing estates is mushrooming out from the village.

Real Name
    Ted

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Lip View Post
    I don't think that you would recognise it now Fred. The relentless march of housing estates is mushrooming out from the village.
    I just "flew" over in Maps. I only used to use B4058 Fernham Rd and never went up King's Lane, so it would likely appear the same to me, seeing as the farmers to the south seem to be holding out against "progress".

My name is Ted, BTW.

Real Name
    Mike

G'day Everyone. My name is Mike, from Melbourne Australia. I have been involved with cameras and photography for a very large part of my 78 years. I had my own camera shop for 20 years, and then worked at Michaels, Australia's biggest camera store for a further 13 years until retirement. I learnt my photography in the days of film and chemicals, and found the transition to digital very challenging. I came to the Cambridge site in my search for digital education.
    I have used cameras of many formats, from 35mm to 4 x 5 inch, including Olympus, Pentax, Nikon, Mamiya, Hasselblad, Arca-Swiss and Linhof. Currently I have been seduced by the small size and weight of the Leica CL, as I find the weight and bulk of modern full frame cameras and lenses to be a bit too much for me.
    I look forward to joining your discussions, though any wisdom I may contribute will be limited to older equipment, and maybe long-forgotten darkroom techniques.

Real Name
    Peter

Welcome Mike I'm sure you find this forum good for your digital education. As well as being able to contribute to others on here given your knowledge of the pre digital era.

Sent from somewhere in Gods County using Tapatalk

Real Name
    Ted

Welcome, Mike.

My cousin lives in Croydon, for what that's worth.

Wife and I are fond of a couple of series showing here in USA, both Ballarat-related - Miss Fisher and Dr Blake.

Small world, eh?

Hi everyone, this is Amywebdesign from US. Happy to have come across here! I look forward to be active on this forum by sharing my clicks and learning from everyone.

Hello My name is David
    I have just joined this site. Looking for some helpful tips to improve my photography.

hello everyone! I'm posting here from Esquimalt, British Columbia...i am interested in Street Photography and Real Estate Photography...
    Cheers
    Benjamin

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Quote Originally Posted by amywebdesign View Post
    Hi everyone, this is Amywebdesign from US. Happy to have come across here! I look forward to be active on this forum by sharing my clicks and learning from everyone.
    Hi Amy,

Welcome to CiC, what sort of photography are you in to when not designing webs?

Cheers,
    Dave

PS you're not a spider are you?

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor Dave View Post
    Hello My name is David
    I have just joined this site. Looking for some helpful tips to improve my photography.
    Given your user name and location David, I now have a mental image of Manchester Ship Canal, am I far off?

Welcome to CiC from me and do let us know how we can help, the more detail you give (ideally with an example photo), the quicker you'll get useful replies. Just post a query in the most relevant forum.

All the best,
    Dave

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by benjaminkennedy View Post
    hello everyone! I'm posting here from Esquimalt, British Columbia...i am interested in Street Photography and Real Estate Photography...
    Cheers
    Benjamin
    Hi Benjamin,

Well, having zoomed out of the map from a google search for 'Esquimalt', it looks like you have more nature going on there than Street and Real Estate, although the city itself is close I guess.

We have members with much experience in those genres, so do ask if you seek help, or post to share examples.

Welcome to the CiC forums from,
    Dave

Real Name
    Dave

Hello Pandit, and welcome to CiC. I look forward to seeing your paintings. What part of India are you from?

Dave

Real Name
    Darren Lewey

Hello, I've signed in today to begin contributing to what I think is one of the best forums out there. I'm a photographer based in Morocco and I have three sites which I keep updated with my images. Thanks.

creativecamera
    645 digital
    Recent 5x4

Real Name
    Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by benjaminkennedy View Post
    Cheers
    Benjamin
    Hi Benjamin, I have no experience in street or real estate photography but I was in Esquimalt a few minutes ago.

Hello, I live in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Too old, senior citizen but still learning. Photography is my interests so please be patience but I will be following your advise after instructing me to do so. . . ! Be honest and honesty will be on you forever.

Real Name
    Ernie deVries

Hi there! I'm Ernie deVries from Flagstaff, AZ. I'm pretty much a lifetime photographer, but after several years I often feel like a newbie in the digital world. I tend toward landscape photography.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by klompen914; 26th October 2020 at 01:12 AM. Reason: Add photo

Hi Ernie:

Welcome to the forum!

The main thing to remember is that taking photographs is still based on the same principles: Aperture, Shutter Speed and ISO (what was ASA) - the good news is you can vary your ISO from image to image, instead of roll to roll! The principles of composition have not changed, so you're good there. It's also nice to know that taking images is essentially free - no film or processing to pay for.

The digital darkroom is another matter, and after being engaged with digital for almost two decades I still need to master many of the higher functions; but that said, with some education and practice, you can still make decent images.

This forum is a very valuable and friendly resource - there are extremely talented and skilled photographers here and they are happy to share their wisdom and, when invited, give constructive criticism. So jump right in and join the gang!

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast