Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Shooting people

Real Name
    Jonathan

Shooting people

Hello,

I have searched the forum for a thread about shooting people, but I didn't find it. Well, there's the group photo discussion, that gives some ideas about it.
    But, starting for what is more simple - if I'm not mistaken - how do you shoot only one person or small groups 2-4?

I have seen somethings about it, as not taking photos of children from above, you should try to be in a lower height. I also watched part of a video teaching how to enhance the impression of women's long legs. One should shot from a lower height in order to put the focus closer to the legs for example and other things...

So, for ordinary recording of celebrations - such as family Christmas coming soon - or a day on a park with friends and so on, are there any nice advices to follow?

Thank you =)

Real Name
    John

Re: Shooting people

Quote Originally Posted by Pohled View Post
    Hello,

I have searched the forum for a thread about shooting people, but I didn't find it. Well, there's the group photo discussion, that gives some ideas about it.
    But, starting for what is more simple - if I'm not mistaken - how do you shoot only one person or small groups 2-4?

I have seen somethings about it, as not taking photos of children from above, you should try to be in a lower height. I also watched part of a video teaching how to enhance the impression of women's long legs. One should shot from a lower height in order to put the focus closer to the legs for example and other things...

So, for ordinary recording of celebrations - such as family Christmas coming soon - or a day on a park with friends and so on, are there any nice advices to follow?

Thank you =)
    This is a link to part five.

"School of Portraiture" - Lesson 05 - Introduction to Flash & Some Inspiration!

Real Name
    Richard

The above tutorials are great. You might also want to do a Google search using "how to shoot family pictures" as the search parameters...

Real Name
    Kay

Hi Jonathan
    I have been following Colin's lessons and they are terrific.....what i have found through practice so far, is that groups of people, especially groups containing family or friends are tricky to get right - the technical work is a small part - there is a huge learning curve in the 'directing traffic' side of the skill set.
    That said it is very enjoyable and practice whenever you can....I am now randomly straightening ties and turning shoulders, on people without a second thought