Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Urban Decay.

Real Name
    Rebecca

Urban Decay.

I had a project in college and the theme was 'Urban Decay'. I had over 100 pictures and looking through them I came across this. I think the dead space works quiet well. I messed around with the colours and as I liked it in black and white, whereas my teacher liked it with the blue added in. I am not sure whether the light itself sharp enough.

Urban Decay.

Urban Decay.

We also did some research on David Hockney and his joiner prints. This is my version of a joiner print. I really like his style of photography as it is unique and never quiet perfect.

Urban Decay.

Re: Urban Decay.

Hi Rebecca

I do a lot of industrial decay shots, but these are a bit different to what I normally do. I Think the blue in #1 is better than BW as it gives some contrast. The shot would need to be a little more minimalist to work in BW, I think. Also, it might work if the lines were at an angle rather than just vertical. I find the offset perspective a little distracting.

#2. I like this. I must have a go myself. Want to tell us briefly how you did it? I think it looks better with a black surround, rather than white, because the white draws the eye too much, whereas the black forces attention onto the car.

Have a look at my decay stuff if you have time... Rob's decay shots

Edit of your shot...

Urban Decay.

Real Name
    Rebecca

Thanks Rob,
    With the car picture just took a load of pictures of the car from different perspective then placed them all together to acheieve this. And the black background does look alot better, when i put this work into my sketch book it had background so it looked much better

Real Name
    Rebecca

Quote Originally Posted by carregwen View Post
    Have a look at my decay stuff if you have time...
    Your photos are great!