Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Anatomy of the Photographer

Anatomy of the Photographer

mmm...not quite got the right balance. Textures in the picture frame. I wonder.....

Real Name
    Just call me David.

Re: Anatomy of the Photographer

Very interesting and creative concept, well executed too. I would have preferred the highlights not blown out (left hand knuckle for example) and it's too bad you feel the need for such a glitzy mat treatment for the Internet. The space you've consumed with the mat cold have shown us a bigger picture. Personally I don't see the need for signatures and logos except in a gallery perhaps, but that's just me. Nice work.
    David

Real Name
    Mike Bareham

Hey, you've pinched my Halina 35X!!

Real Name
    Raylee

Quote Originally Posted by Wirefox View Post

mmm...not quite got the right balance. Textures in the picture frame. I wonder.....
    Hi Steve

What about blending the cameras etc with your stomach. That sounds really odd!

Very interesting and creative concept, well executed too. I would have preferred the highlights not blown out (left hand knuckle for example)
    Thanks David, The blown areas are caused by pushing the PP a little to far trying to get the effect I wanted. I need to work in this more.

and it's too bad you feel the need for such a glitzy mat treatment for the Internet. The space you've consumed with the mat cold have shown us a bigger picture. Personally I don't see the need for signatures and logos except in a gallery perhaps
    I know. I have done all the agonising many moons ago and the flamboyant gremlin won. If I get more than a dozen complaints I may think again.

Hey, you've pinched my Halina 35X!!
    And a very sturdy little number it is too. If they resurrected it in digital I would buy one like a shot. I also have a Zeiss Ikon and a Halina 6 - 4 in my box of goodies.The 6 - 4 has two view finders on for 6 x 6 and one for 4 x 4.

See...you have go me going now....It drives WireVixen mad me hoarding all this 'junk'
    Hi Steve

What about blending the cameras etc with your stomach. That sounds really odd!
    Raylee thats not a bad idea at all. Leave it with me. I am a little busy this weekend, but watch this space

Steve

Real Name
    Just call me David.

Thanks David, The blown areas are caused by pushing the PP a little to far trying to get the effect I wanted. I need to work in this more.

I know. I have done all the agonising many moons ago and the flamboyant gremlin won. If I get more than a dozen complaints I may think again.
    Steve
    No no, it was no complaint, you are the artist after all, you do what is good for you, the way you see it. The frames and stuff are just not my cupa, that's all. Like I said, for me they waste space, which on the Internet is a valuable commodity.

You have too many old cameras. What if they attack you in your sleep some night? I had a few old sheet film cameras that made me spend hundreds on food for them (sheet film of course) until I realized they were conspiring together hypnotizing me. I sold them all to a collector who later told me he made $$$ on them -- even in death they could still get to my mind (big grin).

David

Steve

May I speak boldly? We all know where you are heading with this theme, and yet you seem to be dithering on the edge of the pool afraid to take to the waters. I'd bite the bullet, if I were you. What do you have to lose, apart from your CiC membership!

Real Name
    Kay

Quote Originally Posted by carregwen View Post
    Steve

May I speak boldly? We all know where you are heading with this theme, and yet you seem to be dithering on the edge of the pool afraid to take to the waters.
    I've always felt that there was something to be said for a good 'dither'...
    A very wise man in fact who adopts the dither process when dithering is required

Although I do have concerns about a blockage at your pyloric sphincter

Quote Originally Posted by wilgk View Post
    A very wise man in fact who adopts the dither process when dithering is required

Although I do have concerns about a blockage at your pyloric sphincter
    I'm a fair man - I'll give him a week to do it... and then I'll do it for him...

No no, it was no complaint, you are the artist after all
    Thats the first time I have been called and artist...No actually lets get this in context....I used to be called a **** Artist regularly when I had a liking for the ale.

You have too many old cameras. What if they attack you in your sleep some night? I had a few old sheet film cameras that made me spend hundreds on food for them (sheet film of course) until I realized they were conspiring together hypnotizing me. I sold them all to a collector who later told me he made $$$ on them -- even in death they could still get to my mind (big grin).
    I am just about getting away with it but sheet film cameras would mean divorce and then who would hold my flash gun as tenderly as WireVixen

Are sure you are not Cleggy from Last of the Summer Wine? Actually you are quite right although one never dithers one procrastinates. One can procrastinate in the company of The Queen but dithering would most certainly be frowned upon (unless you are a corgi). It would be like wearing Ugg boots with ones mustard moleskin breeches.

May I speak boldly? We all know where you are heading with this theme, and yet you seem to be dithering on the edge of the pool afraid to take to the waters. I'd bite the bullet, if I were you. What do you have to lose, apart from your CiC membership!
    Oh no...the polaroids are staying firmly in the sock drawer. Anyway the sort of interweb sites where gentlemen feel a compulsion to put their meat and two veg on display confuse me. After all why would I want the ordnance survey coordinates of a National Trust car park in West Bromwich. And, I am sure if I had a dog he would prefer a pee on the neighbours dalias rather than in some drafty car park in West Bromwich. WireVixen thinks I am nieve. I think I am in denial.

and then I'll do it for him...
    Can a moderator ban himself? I hope you are going to cover up that Llwellyn the Great tattoo. We do have a Pastor's Wife on here you know. Anyway I am sure Colin would quickly cover any enbarrassment with his virtual policemans helmet.

We do have a Pastor's Wife on here you know.
    I'll gladly take the fall! Just, please don't start talking in hushed voices around me!!!

Just, please don't start talking in hushed voices around me!!!
    Hushed voices.....We wouldn't know how

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

I hope you are going to cover up that Llwellyn the Great tattoo.
    I just want to know how you know that he's got it?

Real Name
    Kit, aka Slimtla

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    He's probably been running downhill at top speed again, while wearing his kilt.

Llwellyn the Great
    I thought all Welshmen called it that!

except under Milk Wood where they call him Organ Morgan

Ah old Dylan the man who photographs life with words.......

Only you can hear the houses sleeping in the streets in the
    slow deep salt and silent black, bandaged night. Only you
    can see, in the blinded bedrooms, the coms. and petticoats
    over the chairs, the jugs and basins, the glasses of teeth,
    Thou Shalt Not on the wall, and the yellowing dickybird-watching
    pictures of the dead. Only you can hear and see, behind the
    eyes of the sleepers, the movements and countries and mazes
    and colours and dismays and rainbows and tunes and wishes
    and flight and fall and despairs and big seas of their dreams.

From where you are, you can hear their dreams.
    Last edited by Wirefox; 6th November 2010 at 09:37 PM.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

I thought all Welshmen called it that!
    Aahh. Oohh! Er um!! Didn't know that.