Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: did someone say expose to the right?

did someone say expose to the right?

more must be better

dsc_2587.jpg

dsc_2596.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Dave Humphries; 28th October 2010 at 10:35 PM.

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Re: did someone say expose to the right?

Quote Originally Posted by Raycer View Post
    more must be better
    Gives a new meaning to the term "Nuclear Family"

Real Name
    Steve

Yes I did say that; but it is not so good in HDR since where you only get slight blinkies say, in the top right, once you change the white balance it gets to be all blown out. That solves a problem I had, no solution offerred when I asked but I can't explain things properly. THe photo's are exposed alright but are high key, which is not exactly what is mean't by exposing to the right.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Very nice pictures Ray, good compositions, focus, everything

Real Name
    Ali

Nice shots, Ray! She is a grown up lady now.

Your pictures have always been exposed to the right, as far as I can remember. You must really like it.

It is funny, just last night, I tried to do one, not sure if it is good enough. I have a feeling I always overdo it. That is why, I always play it safe and convert them to B&W Here it is:

did someone say expose to the right?

Colin: yup! go big or go home!! lets go with a bang! Nuclear BANG!! push it right over the limit
    Arith: I think I pushed it beyond high key... white hot key this time!
    Dave, Thanks!
    Alis, I like yours too!! go composition. But this is what I would do if I have a shot like it. I would get rid of the shadow on the right and blur out and lighten up the hair such that his eyes are the only thing on the left 1/4 of the histogram I think that'll make his eye POP

Very nice photos, Raycer. The intense look of her face really brings out the emotions of the picture, and the slant draws the view's attention to her face. For the second photo, the way her hair gets blown by the wind(?) makes her look like a model, and it adds a melancholy effect to the picture. Those photos are definite keepers.

However, I would increase the vibrancy/saturation of the second photo to minimise the effects of veiling flare.

I generally like such overexposed shots. On second thought, it isn't really overexposed; it's just exposed for the person. And due to the sensor's limitation, the background gets blown.

more must be better
    I like these very much Ray. They are very natural and the nuking works well with this type of image.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazing fire View Post
    Very nice photos, Raycer. The intense look of her face really brings out the emotions of the picture, and the slant draws the view's attention to her face. For the second photo, the way her hair gets blown by the wind(?) makes her look like a model, and it adds a melancholy effect to the picture. Those photos are definite keepers.

However, I would increase the vibrancy/saturation of the second photo to minimise the effects of veiling flare.

just to be clear, those are two different monkeys in the pics. I have twin girls...
    believe me, you don't want to see what's outside those windows - overblown those items sure simplify things
    good idea on bump up the colour. I think I'll try that.
    Thanks Blazing fire.

I generally like such overexposed shots. On second thought, it isn't really overexposed; it's just exposed for the person. And due to the sensor's limitation, the background gets blown.

Thanks Steve,
    nuking sure helps clear up messy backgrounds.