Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Gallery

Gallery

Gallery

Real Name
    David

Re: Gallery

Confess Steve, confess - you've been reading art books! Dali, Magritte, Malevich and many others have used the empty frame - always a good effect. Here I interpret your image as representing the curtailment of the working class movement by the Guardian-reading elitist bourgeoisie, they intent upon rising above the rough texture of everyday life.

Nice one.

Power to the People!

David

Confess Steve, confess - you've been reading art books! Dali, Magritte, Malevich and many others have used the empty frame - always a good effect.
    I have never read an 'art' book. I am always to distracted by the pictures Yes the theme is a bit old hat but I thought I would give it at bash. I had the 'what makes a good photo' thread on my mind and the empty frame sort of summed things up for me. At least this one is unlikely to have everyone falling around in giggling fits like my last attempt using an empty frame
    Here I interpret your image as representing the curtailment of the working class movement by the Guardian-reading elitist bourgeoisie, they intent upon rising above the rough texture of everyday life.
    Excellent analysis but it was more along the lines of "I wonder what that brick wall would look like with a M&S photo frame nailed to it"

Real Name
    Chuck Nelson

Interesting!

Chuck

Real Name
    Peter

Hi Steve,

I must admit, being a simple antipodean, I understand your interpretation more than David’s. I don’t mind this minimalist style using the negative space (which you do well) and the texture on the bricks also works well but I wonder what it would look like if the perspective distortion of shooting upwards on the wall was removed and the brick lines were square on to the frame. This would give it a more two dimensional look with the texture showing through.