Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I want to sell photos. How?

Real Name
    John

Re: I want to sell photos. How?

Quote Originally Posted by IzzieK View Post
    If I am sponsoring a college kid or two or three, and single, I might get want to look at biting into a publisher's fees myself. At the moment, I have no interest in big marketing of my photos. I make some money out of doing presentation videos from time to time for our organization. Maybe a coffee table book of my images will do for now maybe ...that is easy to self-publish and beat sonny boy to his game. I am happily retired John at age 52, for some still young enough to retire but my family needs me more around than in my previous life of travelling because of work...and I didn't own any pictures that I shot...and believe me, they were all rubbish right from the start.
    At some schools you wouldn't have to pay them wages, just expenses to cover the services they are performing for you.

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    At some schools you wouldn't have to pay them wages, just expenses to cover the services they are performing for you.
    Isabel,

The link details requirements for unpaid internships. One of the restrictions is that the interns duties do not directly benefit the employer, if you provide experience in the form of training or education you might be able to allow the intern to actually perform some marketing duties without violating labor laws.

http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/whdfs71.pdf

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    Isabel,

The link details requirements for unpaid internships. One of the restrictions is that the interns duties do not directly benefit the employer, if you provide experience in the form of training or education you might be able to allow the intern to actually perform some marketing duties without violating labor laws.

http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/whdfs71.pdf
    Thanks for the link, John...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12