Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Need opinions

Real Name
    Jason

Need opinions

so im going to put up some more photos later on today but this was my favorite out of the bunch.

Need opinions

CC please
    Last edited by Rhoads238; 20th October 2010 at 06:40 PM. Reason: corrected picture to not show white at bottom

Real Name
    Tommy

Re: Need opinions

I really like it! The colours are beautiful!

The only thing I don't like is the white line along the bottom of the frame...

Real Name
    Paul

I like it. You used the mirror bezel to frame the reflection in the mirror.

Real Name
    Jason

ok so heres the rest of the bunch i illuded to earlier

So heres more of the set i wanted to post earlier but I had to run to class.

This one is from my bathroom studio. Where i had a spaghetti lamp (those five head ones) in my bathtub, a bendy desk lamp clipped to a waste paper basket light rack (fancy i know) and another placed on the counter. All of these were softened by taping the lowest possible quality paper i could find around the front of the light. Also the backdrop is my bathtowel. and the cup is resting on an upturned rubbermaid container.

Need opinions

I think its a decent result to an absolutely ghetto studio

These two i cant decide which colors i like better
    The first one is without the color balance adjustment, the second I tried to make it a little more natural.

Need opinions

or

Need opinions

This one i'm not sure how much i like the composition.

Need opinions

Any cc is great

-Jason

Real Name
    Wendy

Hi Jason: I love the car mirror/reflection/sunset shot. I wouldn't do anything to change it except of course advise people not to do this while driving.

Wendy

Real Name
    Wendy

Re: ok so heres the rest of the bunch i illuded to earlier

Quote Originally Posted by Rhoads238 View Post

This one is from my bathroom studio. Where i had a spaghetti lamp (those five head ones) in my bathtub, a bendy desk lamp clipped to a waste paper basket light rack (fancy i know) and another placed on the counter. All of these were softened by taping the lowest possible quality paper i could find around the front of the light. Also the backdrop is my bathtowel. and the cup is resting on an upturned rubbermaid container.

Need opinions
    Jason I love the colours and texture in this, but not so sure about the composition. Not that I am an expert so consider the source, but I would like to have seen more of the red rose on the left. As it is now, on the right I would crop out the edge of the vase and the green leaf. At the bottom I would crop just to the point so the vase was not showing.

The first one is without the color balance adjustment, the second I tried to make it a little more natural.
    Need opinions

or

Need opinions
    My vote would be for the first one, but again consider the source. I like the colours and contrast better, #2 is getting a bit light and bright to my eyes. Either one is good though

This one I'm not sure how much i like the composition.

Need opinions
    I'm not sure about the composition either. Looks like 2 subjects. I think the railway tracks alone with the lights reflecting on them would make a great shot. In this one they compete with the bridge for attention. I also don't like the way the bridge is cut off at the right.
    If it were mine, I would crop out the right track so that the edge of the frame and the left track formed a triangle. Still not the best composition but to my eye it might work a bit better.

Wendy
    Last edited by Dave Humphries; 20th October 2010 at 08:02 PM. Reason: fix quote tag content

Real Name
    Kay

Quote Originally Posted by Ramblinman View Post
    I like it. You used the mirror bezel to frame the reflection in the mirror.
    I agree - works perfectly Jason - and the split colour tones are terrific too

Real Name
    Steve

Need opinions

I think this is great; the only thing that is missing is the background noise. White noise from traffic and wind. The last one with the rail line. sheez

Real Name
    John

so im going to put up some more photos later on today but this was my favorite out of the bunch.

Need opinions

CC please
    Nice capture, hard to tell if you are moving when the shot was taken but if you were this is an example of the many directions of moving objects when panning is explained.

Real Name
    John

Need opinions

I think its a decent result to an absolutely ghetto studio

Need opinions

or

Need opinions

This one i'm not sure how much i like the composition.

Need opinions

Any cc is great

-Jason
    If you have to use aluminum foil for a reflector and it works then go for it. I've tried many homemade studio devices and the end result is all that matters.

Real Name
    Jason

I really wish there was a hitchhiker in the first shot. I think that would have given the picture alot more meaning. Like dont pick up the hitchhiker.... Just a thought.

Shadowman- I was riding shotgun, and we were going about 50 mph, or somewhere around there. i got some other shots but i liked the one with the tree still sharp. One of the other ones had a car coming over the top of a hill. i liked that one too but it didnt have as many diverse colours. But i feel like a car following us would have added some more motion to the shot.