Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is the name of the equipment which attaches a lens to tripod?

Real Name
    Binnur

Re: What is the name of the equipment which attaches a lens to tripod?

Hi KaZ . I have looked at the Manfrotto Fluid Head on my camera store's web page, there are various types of them and they seem effective. They are expensive though. Well, what is not expensive, if your hobby is photography ? Thanks for your suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by kazuyar View Post
    just to throw another option into the mix, i like taking photos of the moon and used to have the same problem, i managed to pick up a manfrotto fluid head on ebay for £30, which was a huge bargain if you look how much they cost new. its actually designed for video but works really well with the big lens composing my shots is so much easier, if you've ever used one you'll know why they call them fluid
    why not ask in your local camera shop if you can try one

Real Name
    Binnur

Hi Alan. That one in the link seems practical too and Yes (loosecanon) shared his experience with it in post #17. If I buy that one , I don't have to replace my tripod head and clamp as you say. I will inquire about it more deeply before I make my mind up. Thanks for the suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysOnAuto View Post
    Binnur - What you're describing is 'lens creep', I know because my 18-200 is known for having it. The link you provided in your post (#9) here is a good solution, IMO. I don't think you can harm your lens when using it as the strap around the lens can only be tightened so tight by hand. It won't take much to stop the creep so I feel it's a good way to go (I may get one myself).
    If your tripod setup is working for you now, I don't see a need to get anything else.
    Just my opinion.

Real Name
    KaZ

Quote Originally Posted by bnnrcn View Post
    Hi KaZ . I have looked at the Manfrotto Fluid Head on my camera store's web page, there are various types of them and they seem effective. They are expensive though. Well, what is not expensive, if your hobby is photography ? Thanks for your suggestion
    yes they are expensive, like you say what isnt, i know i wouldnt have bought mine if i hadnt seen it on ebay so cheap

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12