Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Optics Pro Prime noise reduction

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Re: Optics Pro Prime noise reduction

As said (in another similarly titled thread it seems), I currently use Neat Image in PS, usually straight after import from ACR.

However, I think I get away with this because I do not sharpen at all in ACR (usual defaults zeroed), so I'm not making it worse.

I also now usually open my images in PS as a Smart Objects and apply filters as smart filters whenever possible, allowing a bit of leeway to retrace my steps should I decide I missed a trick* in ACR. My workflow practices are improving slowly

* This is becoming less common these days since I recently discovered how to open multiple .nef files in ACR and can work an a batch of say, half a dozen files, in one ACR session making good use of synchronisation when convenient.

In days of old, I did each image separately (right through from nef, via psd to jpg) and often decide, only after the third of a shoot session, that I didn't like the WB or something, then have to start over with the first ones again.

Real Name
    Dan

In days of old, I did each image separately (right through from nef, via psd to jpg) and often decide, only after the third of a shoot session, that I didn't like the WB or something, then have to start over with the first ones again.
    This is one reason why I stay in LR as long as I can, and for many images, don't use anything else. It's often white balance that is the problem, and that is harder to correct after conversion to another format than some other things, e.g., tonality. Despite years of doing this, I sometimes get the WB of certain types of pictures, in particular, flash candids of people, wrong, and even though my errors are quite consistent--I generally leave them too warm and too dark--I seem to repeat the mistake anyway.

Real Name
    Marc

DxO Prime is the best of the bunch since DxO Optics Pro 10. Albeit it does take some time...weird thing is, the Files in DxO Optics Pro looking way different, when i do load the DNG File into ACR with CS6....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12