Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best most user-friendly photo editing program?

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Re: Best most user-friendly photo editing program?

I found PSE (I used an earlier version) to be a quite good program however, I did not like the way that PSE tried to arrange my images. Apparently, there is a way to stop PSE from arbitrarily (IMO) arranging images
    Quote Originally Posted by xpatUSA View Post
    I found that, too. My solution was to completely remove and re-load the program (had it on a CD) and never, ever touch the Organizer button.
    Me too

But would still recommend as the easy way for reasons others have already stated above.

I started with the old Micrographix software then moved on to Serif Photo Plus which I found to be quite effective and user friendly. They had a choice of beginner or advanced options in the same software.

Then when I wanted more I moved to the more complex Adobe CS5 and eventually CC. With CC you don't have to use everything and the basics are much the same as the average programme; although mostly better quality.

Serif has now gone a little more advanced with their Affinity software but I haven't tried it myself. You might find an old copy of their Photo Plus X13 at a really cheap price and it could be worth a try. I wasn't so keen on X14 which was when I left for Adobe, but a friend informed me that Serif returned to the more friendly style with X15.

However, I wonder if you might be looking for something which gives rather complex results but with just a couple of automated clicks? All the simple auto adjustment software which I have tried failed to live up to my expectations of quality. Which is much the same thoughts as other people have already mentioned.

ps. Last year I tried a few other options before signing up to CC. For me, Photoshop Elements was too 'elemental'. Gimp showed promise but I wouldn't exactly call it simple to use beginner software.

Real Name
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by xpatUSA View Post
    I found that, too. My solution was to completely remove and re-load the program (had it on a CD) and never, ever touch the Organizer button.
    I try whenever possible to get any program which I load onto my computer as a CD, rather than to just download it from the Internet!

Real Name
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by rpcrowe View Post
    I try whenever possible to get any program which I load onto my computer as a CD, rather than to just download it from the Internet!
    Harder and harder to do. My alternative is to store the downloaded installation files.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12