Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Getting 'BUSY' signal with Canon Rebel T6i - very frustrated and disappointed. Help?

Real Name
    Dan

Re: Getting 'BUSY' signal with Canon Rebel T6i - very frustrated and disappointed. He

If you are having these problems when you take a single shot, the problem is not the card. You only need fast cards for bursts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Real Name
    Robin

Re: Getting 'BUSY' signal with Canon Rebel T6i - very frustrated and disappointed. He

Quote Originally Posted by Tronhard View Post
    Hi Sergio:

I use class 10 myself, and it's the fastest of this class of cards and should offer no issues with read/write. I would suggest going into the menu and make sure that the ability to take photos with the card removed is turned OFF. I have on occasion forgotten to replace the card and having the camera prompt me to put in a card is very hand, rather than taking a bunch of images but not capturing them!
    Class 10 is now considered slow and outdated - its really only means the card can tick along at 10MB/s which isn't much. Ultra High Speed (UHS) cards are the current more common and faster classification with three speeds U1 - U2 - U3 but even they have been superseded by UHS-II cards though very few cameras are currently compatible as they need am updated slot with extra contacts.

That may be so, depending on what and how your shoot, For myself using the Canon 80D, 7DII and 5DIII, I have never had a problem of speed with class 10 SDs because I don't do fast or extended bursts of RAW files or HDEF Video, and I would seriously doubt that the card is the issue here.
    I think we are trying to eliminate variables to narrow down the possibilities.
    That is why my first thought is to reset the camera settings to factory default in case, during his explorations, Sergio has inadvertently changed something or things.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Pearl View Post
    Class 10 is now considered slow and outdated - its really only means the card can tick along at 10MB/s which isn't much. Ultra High Speed (UHS) cards are the current more common and faster classification with three speeds U1 - U2 - U3 but even they have been superseded by UHS-II cards though very few cameras are currently compatible as they need am updated slot with extra contacts.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12