Thread: Hard Hitting?

Real Name
    Grahame

Hard Hitting?

I have recently been using my photography to backup concerns raised to authorities over the control of anti social behaviour.

The main Daily paper here printed a letter of mine on Saturday surprisingly and gratefully with one of the few pictures I had sent just to back up my views that we should not have children subjected to certain behaviour in public places.

Photo journalism or street

No 1 - I have blurred a face (as the paper did).
    Hard Hitting?

No 2 - Graffiti modified
    Hard Hitting?

Grahame

Real Name
    John

Re: Hard Hitting?

Nicely captured and processed. Is the issue that the children are subjected to certain public behaviors or the cause of certain public behaviors?

Real Name
    mark

I think closer to Photo journalism Grahame. Good to see someone trying to improve there City/village.

Real Name
    Grahame

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    Nicely captured and processed. Is the issue that the children are subjected to certain public behaviors or the cause of certain public behaviors?
    John,

The gist of my letter/rant/view was that whilst we are jumping up and down promoting 'Universal Children's Rights Day Nov 20th' one of the rights of children should be that they can be raised in a proper environment, especially in public places, and as adults we are responsible for ensuring that. And for small school children witnessing the above scenes, regularly in public having just got off the school bus, the authorities are letting them down.

Real Name
    Grahame

Quote Originally Posted by mknittle View Post
    I think closer to Photo journalism Grahame. Good to see someone trying to improve there City/village.
    I would agree Mark.

Real Name
    Maurice

Two telling images, I don't have an answer.

Real Name
    Greg

Good work, Grahame. That is one stop where I wouldn't want to get off the bus.

Real Name
    Grahame

Quote Originally Posted by madcrow View Post
    Two telling images, I don't have an answer.
    Thank you Maurice

Real Name
    Grahame

Quote Originally Posted by FootLoose View Post
    Good work, Grahame. That is one stop where I wouldn't want to get off the bus.
    Thank you Greg

Real Name
    Sergio

Grahame, IMO they could be either. It took me a second to find what they were looking at in the first, but I like the scene captured as it communicates your point. The second is interesting and tells a story depending on how you look at it. Obviously the paper found them worthy enough to illustrate your concerns. Well done.

Sergio

Real Name
    Grahame

Quote Originally Posted by Sergio M. View Post
    Grahame, IMO they could be either. It took me a second to find what they were looking at in the first, but I like the scene captured as it communicates your point. The second is interesting and tells a story depending on how you look at it. Obviously the paper found them worthy enough to illustrate your concerns. Well done.

Sergio
    Thank you Sergio.

This was my first attempt at producing journalistic images that illustrate this type of social concern and B&W is something I very rarely do.

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

I am glad you think the way you think. I was just commenting to Bill about the Black Friday sale that was shown on tv where the customers practically ruin a Nike store...I actually do not know who to blame in that occasion, but I still think it shouldn't have been encouraged. Flag burning and stomping also belongs to the category you mention here. Protesting is OK as long as no lives are sacrificed because of whatever they wanted to put out there, unfortunately in one occasion, in blocking a street with an ambulance rushing to transport a patient to hospital, the patient died in the process because the ambulance has to go find a longer way to save a life. I am angry at such people who makes a nuisance of themselves to others. Your journalistic effort will go a long way to perhaps for the authorities to look into it and fix that problem. Good job!

It is sad how many children in the world are subject to things that they shouldn't be. Hats off to you for speaking up for the kids.

Real Name
    mark

It is really bad here we have a tremendous amount of transients for the size of our town. they are doing all sorts of nasty things in front of schools and in the stores. the latest is defecating in the isles in front of anybody that might be there. so far it has happened in three stores. these people are not from this area and the population grows daily.