Thread: Travel & Leisure Magazine

Real Name
    John

Travel & Leisure Magazine

The November issue has a photography theme, most of the articles are beginner photographer/travel photography related but I spotted an ad for this service. Sounds interesting, hopefully the packaging is robust enough to get the product to the user.

https://www.fractureme.com/

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

Re: Travel & Leisure Magazine

That is interesting...I was looking at metal printing at Creve Coeur Camera here and they have something similar in other mediums too like glass and fabric. 'Wonder about viewing angles in the glass though? Maybe just like metal ones?

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by IzzieK View Post
    That is interesting...I was looking at metal printing at Creve Coeur Camera here and they have something similar in other mediums too like glass and fabric. 'Wonder about viewing angles in the glass though? Maybe just like metal ones?
    Hi Izzie,

I was thinking most might use a light source to illuminate the glass images; either backlighting or bottom lit with the frame in an upright position.

Real Name
    John

Izzie, if you are interested in metal prints, check out MeridianPro.com. I have done many prints (12x18 up to 20x30) with them and have never been disappointed with the results and service. Only one print needed to be redone (too dark), and they did it, no questions, no charge).

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalScape View Post
    Izzie, if you are interested in metal prints, check out MeridianPro.com. I have done many prints (12x18 up to 20x30) with them and have never been disappointed with the results and service. Only one print needed to be redone (too dark), and they did it, no questions, no charge).
    Hi John,

Definitely an exercise where editing for the medium is so important; doing so for glass should be just as challenging.

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

Thank you both...I'd like to have some food shots images in my dinette area...I just bought a new tripod, Vanguard 263AB with horizontal arm option just for my food photography. I will try MeridianPro too, John.

John (Shadowman) -- I think the glass one will be good in the family room. I have a small metal one of Sammy, Bill's cat that passed away this year...it is only a letter size as I plan to populate that wall area too.