Thread: Marketing...

Real Name
    John

Marketing...

I attended an event recently that was frequented by some local professional photographers and while discussing the craft most asked for a business card. Wondering how our members showcase, market, or share their work. Personally, I purchased a stack of print it yourself business cards; just never got around to designing mine, I think it's time to get to it.

A quick shot of one of the attendees. f/4.5, ISO 2500, 1/40sec
    Marketing...

Real Name
    Dan

Re: Marketing...

I sell a few images from time to time. Ironically was doing it more actively before I retired. Been travelling too much lately to do any shows or to cover the local canine events. If you don't mind being bothered for the rest of you life by advertising you can get decent cards printed very inexpensively at vistaprint.com. I think they have an introductory offer of 250 cards for $10. With better quality paper etc. you'll likely spend $20. Unless you really beat the street peddling your wares that many cards will last quite a while.

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernFocus View Post
    I sell a few images from time to time. Ironically was doing it more actively before I retired. Been travelling too much lately to do any shows or to cover the local canine events. If you don't mind being bothered for the rest of you life by advertising you can get decent cards printed very inexpensively at vistaprint.com. I think they have an introductory offer of 250 cards for $10. With better quality paper etc. you'll likely spend $20. Unless you really beat the street peddling your wares that many cards will last quite a while.
    Hi Dan,

Thanks for the response and tip.

Real Name
    John

Corporate Head Shot

f/4.5, ISO 2500, 1/125sec
    Marketing...

Real Name
    Richard

Re: Corporate Head Shot

Here is an example of a 250 for $10.00 Vista Print business card. The card stock is heavy and well printed. IMO it is far above inkjet printed home-made business cards in its quality.

Marketing...

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by rpcrowe View Post
    Here is an example of a 250 for $10.00 Vista Print business card. The card stock is heavy and well printed. IMO it is far above inkjet printed home-made business cards in its quality.

Marketing...
    Very nice, I'll check them out for sure.

Real Name
    John

Just placed an order.

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

At that craft event, were your models cooperative? I have been thinking of VistaPrint too when I saw a nice photographer calling card on tv uin their advert but haven't got around to it either.

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by IzzieK View Post
    At that craft event, were your models cooperative? I have been thinking of VistaPrint too when I saw a nice photographer calling card on tv uin their advert but haven't got around to it either.
    Hi Izzie,

Yes the models were cooperative, I think a few were a bit surprised that anyone wanted to take their photo at all.

Real Name
    Yes

I too saw the vistaprint advert using a photographer.
    I also noticed he used a rare lefthanded camera - or rather used a mirror image of a camera.
    Such an error would stop me using his services.

Real Name
    Izzie

Quote Originally Posted by loosecanon View Post
    I too saw the vistaprint advert using a photographer.
    I also noticed he used a rare lefthanded camera - or rather used a mirror image of a camera.
    Such an error would stop me using his services.
    Yes! yes! yes! that one! I had only seen that advert once. I tried to look for the calling card that related to that advertisement they used but I am still looking....in that website's design pages.

Real Name
    John

Yes! yes! yes! that one! I had only seen that advert once. I tried to look for the calling card that related to that advertisement they used but I am still looking....in that website's design pages.
    Well they do give you the opportunity to upload your own images and you can re-edit prior to making the purchase. I wonder if the image you are referring to was one of their own or from a client? I chose one of theirs and one of mine for my card.

Real Name
    Izzie

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    Well they do give you the opportunity to upload your own images and you can re-edit prior to making the purchase. I wonder if the image you are referring to was one of their own or from a client? I chose one of theirs and one of mine for my card.
    I have one special card I designed myself but I want that 3D image of a front of a lens I saw from the advert. I want to see how it looks like as I only saw it briefly while my head was down looking at my phone.

Real Name
    John

I have one special card I designed myself but I want that 3D image of a front of a lens I saw from the advert. I want to see how it looks like as I only saw it briefly while my head was down looking at my phone.
    Izzie,

You can do a search for camera lenses and I think you'll find the design you are looking for.

http://www.vistaprint.com/search/camera-lens.aspx