Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: At the fish Market - C&C are most welcome

Real Name
    Matt

At the fish Market - C&C are most welcome

I dont agree with the higher shutter speed theory, I think the motionblur reinforces the chaotic and busy nature of the market?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Real Name
    George

Re: At the fish Market - C&C are most welcome

Tejal,

I like your images very much. It gives me an inside view in your society, different from mine.
    I hardly evaluate pictures in an artistic way. When I keep looking at a picture or start smiling, than the picture is good to me.

The last one, the panning, is something different. It's a technique one can analyse. Though I did try that hardly, I'll give you some thoughts.

The subject lady is not very sharp, it could be sharper. The lady is walking towards you in an angle. That means 2 things: a lesser movement over the sensor and a changing of the distance. I think a movement parallel to the sensor gives a faster movement over the sensor but a constant focus on the subject. A faster movement might give you also more time to follow the subject. Moving your camera faster will increase the motion blur on the background, but setting the ss faster might correct that again.
    I can't see what af you used in the exif.

I love the image.

George

Real Name
    Chris

I did similar to Richard's edit in that in part I used the Viveza structure and shadows sliders but most of what I used was luminosity masking (these are free from Tony Kuyper) - http://goodlight.us/specialoffers.html

I too felt too much of the shadow area was unnaturally dark while the mid tone areas lacked depth. I included my workflow on the edit to show where I used each mask and with which adjustment tool. In the end, we all got back to the same place. I liked all the exposure suggestions and truly understand the difficulty of shooting in low light. This is a little bit of a departure from your wonderful B&W images and wonder if this one in particular might translate better in Black & White. Good job - Cheers!

Real Name
    Tejal

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    These are amazing Tejal, all show how busy and vibrant the place is!

Thank you ☺.

Real Name
    Tejal

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    I dont agree with the higher shutter speed theory, I think the motionblur reinforces the chaotic and busy nature of the market?

Thanks for your feedback. ☺

Real Name
    Tejal

Quote Originally Posted by george013 View Post
    Tejal,

I like your images very much. It gives me an inside view in your society, different from mine.
    I hardly evaluate pictures in an artistic way. When I keep looking at a picture or start smiling, than the picture is good to me.

The last one, the panning, is something different. It's a technique one can analyse. Though I did try that hardly, I'll give you some thoughts.

The subject lady is not very sharp, it could be sharper. The lady is walking towards you in an angle. That means 2 things: a lesser movement over the sensor and a changing of the distance. I think a movement parallel to the sensor gives a faster movement over the sensor but a constant focus on the subject. A faster movement might give you also more time to follow the subject. Moving your camera faster will increase the motion blur on the background, but setting the ss faster might correct that again.
    I can't see what af you used in the exif.

I love the image.

George
    Thanks for your valuable input. This, I tried for the 1st time in a human element, But with all your guidance next time I will try to capture a better shot. ☺

Real Name
    Tejal

Quote Originally Posted by ccphoto View Post
    I did similar to Richard's edit in that in part I used the Viveza structure and shadows sliders but most of what I used was luminosity masking (these are free from Tony Kuyper) - http://goodlight.us/specialoffers.html

I too felt too much of the shadow area was unnaturally dark while the mid tone areas lacked depth. I included my workflow on the edit to show where I used each mask and with which adjustment tool. In the end, we all got back to the same place. I liked all the exposure suggestions and truly understand the difficulty of shooting in low light. This is a little bit of a departure from your wonderful B&W images and wonder if this one in particular might translate better in Black & White. Good job - Cheers!

Oh... wonderful! !!

Thanks a ton. ☺

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12