Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Copy Image Problems

Real Name
    Dan

Re: Copy Image Problems

Quote Originally Posted by Black Pearl View Post
    I follow now thanks - it is a difference between Windows and Mac that I didn't realise was there. On a mac you can simply drag an image from the web (or pretty much anywhere) to the dock and simply let it go over the app icon of your choice and it will open. You can go the right click - copy/paste route too.
    Under windows (at least 7, which is what I have on my editing machine), you can drag and drop image files, but not images that appear within apps. Your post led me to try something. In windows, the association between data files and executables is held in the file extension, not the file fork used in the mac OS, and you can change the association at will, but you can only specify one association per extension. I have jpegs associated with irfanview. So, I created shortcuts on my desktop for both irfanview and photoshop and dragged a jped file over to them. In the case of irfanview, it just opened. In the case of PS, it asked me what to do and then opened it when I requested that action.

Real Name
    Richard

Re: Copy Image Problems

I have always used the clip-it program to copy portions of screen shots. But, I had never used it to purely copy images - say from a posting on CiC. As a result of this thread, I just have started using the clip-it tool to copy images and this seems to be faster and easier than using right click and then the NEW command in Photoshop CC. When I save the clipped image as a JPEG, it seems to provide equally as good results than going through the routine of right clicking, etc...

I tried working with many of my Photoshop tools as well as many of my NIK tools on this neat image of the Irish Bookworm Beauty. Everything seems to work as well as they did when I was using my original method of copying. Here is an example:

Copy Image Problems

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12