Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: HDR with Photoshop CS-5 HDR Pro

Real Name
    Richard

HDR with Photoshop CS-5 HDR Pro

I had never been exceptionally happy with the HDR imagery that resulted when I made HDR composites using Photoshop CS-3. However, CS-5 seems to provide a more natural looking HDR image. Is this just my imagination? I did not save any CS-3 HDR imagery with which to compare my CS-5 HDR composites.

Additionally: since HDR images are larger files than single shot images... Should I be able to print these to a larger size and retain quality?

HDR with Photoshop CS-5 HDR Pro
    Last edited by rpcrowe; 7th September 2010 at 03:08 PM.

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Re: HDR with Photoshop CS-5 HDR Pro

Quote Originally Posted by rpcrowe View Post
    I had never been exceptionally happy with the HDR imagery that resulted when I made HDR composites using Photoshop CS-3. However, CS-5 seems to provide a more natural looking HDR image. Is this just my imagination? I did not save any CS-3 HDR imagery with which to compare my CS-5 HDR composites.
    Probably, although I like to think of the program as simply doing what needs to be done in technical terms ... I've always thought that it's up to us to then massage it into looking natural.

Additionally: since HDR images are larger files than single shot images... Should I be able to print these to a larger size and retain quality?
    Yes and no ... I'd think that the quality of the pixels should be better (less noise etc), but the quantity of the pixels will probably remain the same, so you'll need to increase your viewing distance as the size increases past a certain point.