Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Khakan saying hello

Real Name
    Khakan

Khakan saying hello

Greetings from California, USA. Love the tutorials at this site. I am a software engineer by profession, and photography enthusiast as hobby. Have been shooting since my teens and witnessed this great transition all the way from simplest box cameras, thru instant print Polaroids, thru SLRs, to this modern digital era. Always avoided learning any darkroom techniques, for not only its mess with chemicals, but also I felt it is "cheating" to correct photo shoot goofs in a darkroom. My favorit photography book is "Joy of Photography" where there are hundreds of examples of photos as they were captured by camera only - not altered in a darkroom. But aha! now in this digital era there is no chemical mess using Photoshop and would not mind learning few post processing to add a little oomph to my photos whenever possible. Sincerely, khakan

Real Name
    Paul David

Re: Khakan saying hello

Khakan, You will like it here.

Real Name
    John

Welcome Khakan.

Real Name
    Mike

Hi Khakan, my first question is, do you write your own photography software? That would be perfect!

Real Name
    Dan

Welcome, Khakan. It's been a while since we've had a good debate about what real photography is/isn't. Sounds like you're just the right guy to kick it off. Perfect subject for your next thread