Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stupid Mistake

Real Name
    Richard

Re: One way to prevent a prevalent Stupid Mistake

Quote Originally Posted by zen View Post
    I suppose we've all had our share, and I've had plenty - but for me, this last Saturday was the first for THIS one.

After shooting all day at Ft Niagara - scenes of volunteers in a re-enactment of the War of 1812, complete with a very sharp Redcoat drill team, which is seen only rarely on this side of the river, then getting home to download - only to find that I'd forgotten to put a card in the d--- thing! What a bone-head! I'll not live this one down easily!

Zen
    I have a bone to pick with Canon... There are two settings on a Canon DSLR regarding the memory card. You can either shoot to your hearts content without a card (and obviously record no imagery) or you can set the camera not to shoot (rather to give you a "no card" warning in the viewfinder). IMO, the default setting should be the latter but, Canon has its default at the former.

No problem if you read the instructions but many photographers go by the old saying "If all else fails, read the instructions"

Real Name
    Ted

Re: Stupid Mistake

Quote Originally Posted by CP140 View Post
    My best... back in the film days...not loading the film correctly and not noticing that the rewind crank was not moving every time I cocked the shutter.
    Been there done that, Martin.

Hired a Piper Cub and flew around in the Cincinatti area taking all kinds of wonderful snaps with the Praktica MTL-3, especially over King's Island amusement park. Finished off the 36-exposure roll on the flight back to England and, once home, rewound the film - but it felt kinda funny . . . because the sprockets had failed (they failed, not me ) to engage the holes in the film.

With the Praktica, the counter thingy advanced with each "shot" but the film didn't budge at all.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12