Thread: Adobe Photoshop Book

Real Name
    Richard

Adobe Photoshop Book

I have selected Adobe CC from Amazon and got in under the less than $100 per year subscription via Amazon.

A friend of mine has cancelled out on her Adobe CC (because she states it is too complicated for her) and will be giving me the book "Adobe Photoshop CC Classroom in a Book (2015)"

https://www.amazon.com/Adobe-Photosh.../dp/0134308131

That seems to be the latest edition I can find.

I have been a fan of the Scott Kelby Photoshop for Photographers Books, but I expect that, since I am a bit proficient with CS6, this book might be all that I need to get up to speed with CC...

The San Diego Community College District also offers free classes in Adobe Photoshop CC which take place once each week from September through January (6PM - 8:30 PM). There are three classes. Beginning, Intermediate and Advanced. I like the instructor, having taken a one-day class from him several years ago. I think that I will sign up for all three classes. I like the way he starts off his photoshop training... And, you certainly cannot beat the price (FREE!)...
    Last edited by rpcrowe; 22nd August 2016 at 03:18 PM.

Real Name
    Peter

Re: Adobe Photoshop Book

Sounds like a plan to me Richard, go for it. TBH if you're comfortable with the use of CS6 I doubt that you will have a problem with the creative cloud environment.

Peter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Re: Adobe Photoshop Book

I agree with Peter. While the look and feel of CC has been updated from CS6, the actually functionality should feel quite familiar. I suspect you will find that your learning curve is not going to be very steep.

Real Name
    Richard

I found a neat book...

In my search for books on CC, I found one that really suits my way of learning. "Photoshop CC Essentials for Photographers", by Tony and Chelsea Northrup.

This book has already introduced me to new ways to do things in Photoshop. Basically using tools that I have never used before. The book links to 10 hours of video (which would be available on YouTube) even if I had never purchased the book. I have only perused one section of the book - Perspective Control. However, Tony used some Photoshop tools that I was not familiar with and had never used...

This book seems only to be available in a Kindle version. I purchased it for $9.99 USD and down loaded it to my Chromebook's Kindle Cloud Reader App. This will be handy when working with Photoshop on my desktop computer since I can have the book open for reference without interfering with my Photoshop work.

I don't think it would be that handy if I had it on my desktop computer and had to switch back and forth between the book and the Photoshop program on my desktop machine.

I don't think that this would be a good Photoshop book for a complete newbie but, it seems to mesh in many ways with my needs and my learning style.