Thread: Last image of Vienna is a disaster; how would you to crop it?

Real Name
    Steve

Last image of Vienna is a disaster; how would you to crop it?

I had very nice salmon fried with noodles here, while waiting I played with the camera. Very nice supercar parked right next to me but for some reason didn't photograph it.

This is full size but only 8 bit.

Last image of Vienna is a disaster; how would you to crop it?_MG_3925 copy by Stephen Davis, on Flickr

Real Name
    John

Re: Last image of Vienna is a disaster; how would you to crop it?

Too many distractions to make a difference, any chance for a reshoot and chance to get a better angle?

Real Name
    Steve

No John; will need a new passport without EU on it and a VISA, the exchange rate is too few Euro's now and everything is going to be too expensive.

I knew it would need some cropping but not how much; I'm thinking a narrow strip with the lamp in centre down to the blue poster.

Also this is on the Ringstrasse where supercars wait on green lights just so they can go 0-60 in less than 4 seconds, it's dangerous, if a car doesn't get you a bike or tram will.

Real Name
    Judith

Depends on how much of the building you want to save and how much healing/cloning work you want to do. If it were mine and I really wanted to work on it, I would crop at the bottom of the triangular roof over the portico and take out the right side up to eliminate the remaining part of the red thing on the pole. Then with cloning and healing you can eliminate the pole and light in the middle, the wires, and the small residual distraction on the left and have an pretty interesting architectural left. A good, doable challenge. Otherwise I continue to see a pretty distracting shot. If this is the worst of your trip you are lucky!

Real Name
    Steve

Cheers Judith, I got some good ones on the trip, I've at least got too remove one wire but horizontal or vertical aspect, very narrow or near paper size? Just leave the clutter in? After all it is a building site.

Real Name
    Judith

Quote Originally Posted by arith View Post
    Cheers Judith, I got some good ones on the trip, I've at least got too remove one wire but horizontal or vertical aspect, very narrow or near paper size? Just leave the clutter in? After all it is a building site.
    Depends on whether you are going for a record shot or a memory of some of what you liked about the building--that will answer some of the questions. A record shot includes it all. A memory or reflection of what you liked includes only those aspects that made you want to take the picture. There is an interesting vertical and an interesting horizontal to be had here. Depends on what you want to make the center of interest. Clearly you can't have the whole building unless you are happy with a record shot. To me, composition, within the camera or in post processing, is a fun challenge.

It should be possible to salvage something here; but don't enter it into any competitions

I would crop left side to lose that bit of out of focus roof. Right side to remove the pole. Some from the top to make a 2 x 3 ratio image. Might also need a tad from the bottom to get to that ratio.

Up to you whether you accept the wire across the sky or spend a bit of time cloning it out.

Real Name
    Steve

Cheers Geoff.

Real Name
    Steve

10 x 8 but I don't know how to clone out the wire. I've not been careful enough with the mask but you get the idea and I will do it again. Cheers

Last image of Vienna is a disaster; how would you to crop it?_MG_3925 copyII by Stephen Davis, on Flickr
    Last edited by arith; 17th August 2016 at 09:14 PM.

Real Name
    Steve

Cheers.

Last image of Vienna is a disaster; how would you to crop it?_MG_3925III copy by Stephen Davis, on Flickr

Real Name
    Robert (ah prefer Boab) Smith

Honestly Steve,

Just delete it. Any time spent on that is time ye'll never recover. Instead, spend the time going through all yer files and be harshly critical in deleting old photos. Think of all that saved space...ye won't need another hard drive after all.