Thread: On the beach - Street Category - C&C are most welcome !!

Real Name
    Tejal

On the beach - Street Category - C&C are most welcome !!

Kindly share your C&C for my below image.

Regards,

Tejal

On the beach - Street Category - C&C are most welcome !!IMG_7562 by Tejal Imagination, on Flickr

Real Name
    Grahame

Re: On the beach - Street Category - C&C are most welcome !!

Wonderful Tejal.

It would be worth cloning out the pylon

Real Name
    John

Nice angle and exposure.

Real Name
    Tejal

Quote Originally Posted by Stagecoach View Post
    Wonderful Tejal.

Thnx for your feedback. Yes, it could be .

Real Name
    Tejal

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    Nice angle and exposure.
    thank you !!

Real Name
    buy me a drink first.

Quote Originally Posted by Stagecoach View Post
    Wonderful Tejal.

It is the job of the photographer to be aware of it in the first place.

The pylon is one of those "bugger" moments when you notice it as you did well there Tejal. Great positioning of your camera, nice and natural focal length and a strong counterpoint in the main subjects: the innocence of childhood and the jaded nature of adulthood. It's a pity the light was so boring; it might look better in mono. I remember once taking a shot very carefully on West Lake in Hangzhou, which necessitated my scurrying along beside a boat like an idiot as I waited for the boats in the background to get out of the way. I then noticed that a single boat was moving in under the canopy of the main subject and waited on screeching knees and "click". Success! After I uploaded it to a SP site, the very first comment was that the reflection of the main subject in the water looked exactly like a Chinese Dragon...and it did! Amazingly well. It was one of those golden moments. But I had cut its head off! Aargh!

Real Name
    Tejal

Quote Originally Posted by Shanghai Steve View Post
    It is the job of the photographer to be aware of it in the first place.

The pylon is one of those "bugger" moments when you notice it as you did well there Tejal. Great positioning of your camera, nice and natural focal length and a strong counterpoint in the main subjects: the innocence of childhood and the jaded nature of adulthood. It's a pity the light was so boring; it might look better in mono. I remember once taking a shot very carefully on West Lake in Hangzhou, which necessitated my scurrying along beside a boat like an idiot as I waited for the boats in the background to get out of the way. I then noticed that a single boat was moving in under the canopy of the main subject and waited on screeching knees and "click". Success! After I uploaded it to a SP site, the very first comment was that the reflection of the main subject in the water looked exactly like a Chinese Dragon...and it did! Amazingly well. It was one of those golden moments. But I had cut its head off! Aargh!

Thanks for your feedback.

Well, it was morning time and it is monsoon here. There was no sun light at all.

About the pylon - i was knowing when i took the pic. But the beach was crowded. People were moving here and there. It was not that easy to get the clear frame. i could have avoided that by going 1-2 step towards right but then it would have resulted into overlapping somewhere (perhaps).

Real Name
    buy me a drink first.

It happens.
    One possible way of dealing with this is to use a very large aperture and deliberately wating until there are many people in the background, to highlight both the subject and the context. In this shot, for example,

I was working in a very tight spot as a salesman tried to sell some miracle thing or other and the shadow from a stray shoulder is clearly on the right. This does take away from the precision of the shot but I decided not to crop it and the fourth man out as it makes it obvious how far in the camera was when the shot was taken. Also it is not the best shot in the world, more of a comedy photograph, so there's no point spending too much time over it.
    We can never be certain of getting the shot we want and we all have to take what we can get when it comes down to it. But your shot is so controlled and well thought-out that the pylon is much more frustrating. I assume those horses will be there next time you go? No reason you can't try again.

Real Name
    Chris

It is the beauty of using sophisticated post production programs that simple things like pylons and the occasional stray person can be removed. Another technique is to shoot multiples of the same thing as people move around, then mask out the ones you don't need but I think for Tejal, that technique is well beyond her PP skills. This one only requires some simple cloning and a directed mask for the shadow darks to be lifted. I've sent her a sample edit by private message and she can choose to share, or not.

Real Name
    Tejal

Quote Originally Posted by Shanghai Steve View Post
    It happens.
    One possible way of dealing with this is to use a very large aperture and deliberately wating until there are many people in the background, to highlight both the subject and the context. In this shot, for example,

I was working in a very tight spot as a salesman tried to sell some miracle thing or other and the shadow from a stray shoulder is clearly on the right. This does take away from the precision of the shot but I decided not to crop it and the fourth man out as it makes it obvious how far in the camera was when the shot was taken. Also it is not the best shot in the world, more of a comedy photograph, so there's no point spending too much time over it.
    We can never be certain of getting the shot we want and we all have to take what we can get when it comes down to it. But your shot is so controlled and well thought-out that the pylon is much more frustrating. I assume those horses will be there next time you go? No reason you can't try again.
    Thanks once again.

I have many shots of this place. I may have something workout pylon too. I will share other pics too shortly.

Going again... Yes... it's not far from my place and it's fun to visit this place in Sunday mornings .

Real Name
    Tejal

Quote Originally Posted by ccphoto View Post
    It is the beauty of using sophisticated post production programs that simple things like pylons and the occasional stray person can be removed. Another technique is to shoot multiples of the same thing as people move around, then mask out the ones you don't need but I think for Tejal, that technique is well beyond her PP skills. This one only requires some simple cloning and a directed mask for the shadow darks to be lifted. I've sent her a sample edit by private message and she can choose to share, or not.
    Thanks ton Chris. Your edit is excellent. I would love to share that pic here with all, but how to share ? Could I learn that too ? Sorry ....
    Last edited by Tejal; 24th July 2016 at 01:58 PM.

Real Name
    Chris

From your end I would not be sure so I will just post the edit. Again, lifted up the shadows, gave it a bit more contrast and removed both pylons and the girl to the right.

Real Name
    Tejal

Quote Originally Posted by ccphoto View Post
    From your end I would not be sure so I will just post the edit. Again, lifted up the shadows, gave it a bit more contrast and removed both pylons and the girl to the right.

Top. (Y)

Thanks for sharing it.