Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Cocktail Time

Cocktail Time

I am easing my self back into my normal style for this set. My youngest daughter has her friends round for a meal (its amazing how they can cook when they want to) so in the very best tradition of WireFox images I nicked her plastic cocktail glasses for a photo session. First batch was to get the lighting passable. Second set was to get the PP wrong and over the top...which was the aim

Cocktail Time

Cocktail Time

Cocktail Time

Cocktail Time

Cocktail Time

Cocktail Time

Cocktail Time....well gone

Cocktail Time

Cocktail Time

Cocktail Time

Re: Cocktail Time

I particularly like the last one. Unsure what it is about it, only things can put my finger on is the highlights are spot on, and I like the colour and the shape of it. More empty background space too and think it seems to fit well although in all fairness I'm pretty clueless when it comes to critique anything.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Personally, I prefer the unwarped, first set; in particular 1, 2, 3 and 4.

I think there was more scope for some 'double' shots with the green ones, along the lines of, but different from, the first three.

Good set though, on a par with scouring pads.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by Davey View Post
    ... although in all fairness I'm pretty clueless when it comes to critique anything.
    Davey

You're as qualified to critique images as anyone else. In your post you have analysed what it is that grabs you interest and attention (highlights). I certainly found that working on the skill of saying what I like or not and why, really helped my own learning and, hopefully, ability. So, keep doing it.

Studying Steve's images and assessing what you think the strengths and weaknesses are is a sure-fire way to enhance your own abilities to make high quality images.

Real Name
    Wendy

Re: Cocktail Time....well gone

The last one gets my vote too. I'm wondering if the base could somehow be made to look more abstract though. The top is like a modern sculpture but the base is a giveawy.

The second last one is pretty cool too.

Wendy

Real Name
    John

I feel like I've had a few cocktails these shots are so dizzying. Good stuff!

I'm pretty clueless when it comes to critique anything.
    Davey, Donald is absolutely right. We are all qualified to provide critique. The process we go through in our minds when viewing another's image allows us to store the things we like or dislike and it resurfaces when we want to compose our own shots.

Good set though, on a par with scouring pads.
    You go too far Sir....nothing compares to the scoring pads. Thanks Dave. After a creatively bleak couple of weeks I am starting to see the Brillo pad at the end of the drainer.

The last one gets my vote too. I'm wondering if the base could somehow be made to look more abstract though. The top is like a modern sculpture but the base is a giveawy.

The second last one is pretty cool too.
    Thanks Wendy. You were reading my mind, but I had been banished from downstairs as my youngest daughter was throwing her dinner party. I was sprawled on the bed with the MacBook and the age gremlins decided to give me a frozen shoulder and cramp at the same time so I packed in the PP and had a doze.

I can see rising waistbands, amusing ties and plaid shopping trollies just around the corner. I may even get to the stage where I buy an Audi convertible to show off my bald patches....the future is bleak

Steve

Real Name
    Kit, aka Slimtla

Steve, I would frame that last one and hang it. It has a grounded elegance that the others don't quite achieve. Not that they are poor images by any mad stretch of the imagination, but the last one has something extra about it for me.

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Quote Originally Posted by Klickit View Post
    Steve, I would frame that last one and hang it. It has a grounded elegance that the others don't quite achieve. Not that they are poor images by any mad stretch of the imagination, but the last one has something extra about it for me.
    Kit - you're alive!

We were beginning to wonder if the bus had broken down in the middle of nowhere (like Bulls!)

Welcome back!

Real Name
    Kay

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Southern View Post
    Kit - you're alive!

We were beginning to wonder if the bus had broken down in the middle of nowhere (like Bulls!)

Welcome back!

Real Name
    Kay

Quote Originally Posted by Wirefox View Post

I can see rising waistbands, amusing ties and plaid shopping trollies just around the corner. I may even get to the stage where I buy an Audi convertible to show off my bald patches....the future is bleak

Steve
    Where there is no subscription to the Guardian - there is hope

Also great set & the green particularly the last was my favourite