Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My wife has a dream and I need help fulfilling it.

Real Name
    Judith

Re: My wife has a dream and I need help fulfilling it.

If there is anything on my Flickr site that fits your need, feel free to use. I will have to give you the key to unlock them as they are all protected.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/8443858@N03/

They are generally more landscape based but some might be useful.

I know how these ideas evolve so will leave you to figuring out how this might all work out on the ground!

Real Name
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanflyer View Post
    If there is anything on my Flickr site that fits your need, feel free to use. I will have to give you the key to unlock them as they are all protected.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/8443858@N03/

They are generally more landscape based but some might be useful.

I know how these ideas evolve so will leave you to figuring out how this might all work out on the ground!
    Thanks I'll check the out.

Real Name
    buy me a drink first.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    Did you talk to the Japanese students about the invasion of China/Nanking or was that a forbidden topic?
    Er, no.
    First of all, it would have been inappropriate, given the scale of the atrocities committed.
    Secondly, I would have been deported immediately.
    I recommend you watch "Where to Invade Next" by Michael Moore. At one point, he goes to a German high school and films a lesson about The Holocaust. It is extremely moving. I don't think it is possible for a people to have done more to educate themselves about the horrific crimes of their ancestors.
    Unlike The Germans, The Japanese are in total denial about their past and in fact, their present. I think it was in 2004, certainly this millenium, one Japanese cabinet Minister declared that The Koreans were "grateful to The Japanese for civilising them." In the same year, an organised gang-rape ring at a prestigious private school was dismissed by a highly-ranking government minister as "boys letting off steam". Japanese governmental circles are unbelievably conservative and this works it way down all the way to my first Japanese Headmanster, who was like something out of "Bridge Over the River Kwai": he used to send back official requests from his teachers on the grounds that the handwriting was not good enough, sometimes 3 or 4 times. You see, in The West, teachers are generally left-leaning, in Japan, teachers are generally rightwing.
    I will never forget a brief exchange I had with one 15 year old girl, who was finding little logic in something her Japanese teacher had told her, so she came to me so I told her to do some research on the internet.
    "But why? If this is what my teacher says, how will I find anything different?"
    "Well you see, sometimes governments lie to us."
    The shock in this student's face will never leave me.

Real Name
    Brian Grant

If there is anything in my gallery here or my blog that you can use, just let me know and I will send you full res images. There are also some on Nikon ImageSpace if you follow this image below.

http://img.gg/C9eUu3g

My wife has a dream and I need help fulfilling it.

Real Name
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Saorsa View Post
    If there is anything in my gallery here or my blog that you can use, just let me know and I will send you full res images. There are also some on Nikon ImageSpace if you follow this image below.

http://img.gg/C9eUu3g

I'll be looking, thanks

Real Name
    Brian

Thought this might do for the opening slide

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Shanghai Steve View Post
    Er, no.
    First of all, it would have been inappropriate, given the scale of the atrocities committed.
    Secondly, I would have been deported immediately.
    I recommend you watch "Where to Invade Next" by Michael Moore. At one point, he goes to a German high school and films a lesson about The Holocaust. It is extremely moving. I don't think it is possible for a people to have done more to educate themselves about the horrific crimes of their ancestors.
    Unlike The Germans, The Japanese are in total denial about their past and in fact, their present. I think it was in 2004, certainly this millenium, one Japanese cabinet Minister declared that The Koreans were "grateful to The Japanese for civilising them." In the same year, an organised gang-rape ring at a prestigious private school was dismissed by a highly-ranking government minister as "boys letting off steam". Japanese governmental circles are unbelievably conservative and this works it way down all the way to my first Japanese Headmanster, who was like something out of "Bridge Over the River Kwai": he used to send back official requests from his teachers on the grounds that the handwriting was not good enough, sometimes 3 or 4 times. You see, in The West, teachers are generally left-leaning, in Japan, teachers are generally rightwing.
    I will never forget a brief exchange I had with one 15 year old girl, who was finding little logic in something her Japanese teacher had told her, so she came to me so I told her to do some research on the internet.
    "But why? If this is what my teacher says, how will I find anything different?"
    "Well you see, sometimes governments lie to us."
    The shock in this student's face will never leave me.
    Interesting experience and exchanges, I remember my own history lessons in the lower grades and how every subject was distilled and biased towards specific nations, how a bit more information and viewpoints were discussed in higher grades. Thanks for the documentary link.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12