Thread: Help needed with printing

Help needed with printing

My wife likes to print the pictures of her quilts and put them in a scrap book.
    Today she asked me how to print two (2) pictures on one sheet of 4x6 photo paper, since we have a few packs of it she wants to use it up. Pictures that are half that size are ideal for her scrap book too.
    So, I sat down at her computer and figured out how her software works (MS Picture It) and figured out that if I resized the picture manually to @half size (as viewed on the monitor) I could print one picture on half the sheet, turn it around and put it through the printer again, printing another picture on the other half of the sheet.
    This took me about half an hour to figure out and do. She claims she doesn't want to spend that much time doing it.
    So, I need to come up with a 'faster' way to get the same result.
    I can resize the photo's in a batch using an image resizer program I have but I'd like to save some ink and not have to trail and error it on guessing what size to resize them to.
    The image resizer has Small (854x480), Med (1366x768), Large (1920x1080) and Mobil (320x480) to choose from.
    Which one is going to allow (2) pictures on a 4x6 inch sheet?

TIA.

Real Name
    John

Re: Help needed with printing

Which printer do you own, sometimes there are simple methods built-in?

She has an HP 3210 All-In-One printer.

Real Name
    Lew Lorton

Do you have any editing software and how many of these do you need to do?

It's easy enough to resize all the quilt pictures smaller and then put them on a single page that prints on a 4 x 6.

Real Name
    John

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysOnAuto View Post
    My wife likes to print the pictures of her quilts and put them in a scrap book.
    Today she asked me how to print two (2) pictures on one sheet of 4x6 photo paper, since we have a few packs of it she wants to use it up. Pictures that are half that size are ideal for her scrap book too.
    So, I sat down at her computer and figured out how her software works (MS Picture It) and figured out that if I resized the picture manually to @half size (as viewed on the monitor) I could print one picture on half the sheet, turn it around and put it through the printer again, printing another picture on the other half of the sheet.
    This took me about half an hour to figure out and do. She claims she doesn't want to spend that much time doing it.
    So, I need to come up with a 'faster' way to get the same result.
    I can resize the photo's in a batch using an image resizer program I have but I'd like to save some ink and not have to trail and error it on guessing what size to resize them to.
    The image resizer has Small (854x480), Med (1366x768), Large (1920x1080) and Mobil (320x480) to choose from.
    Which one is going to allow (2) pictures on a 4x6 inch sheet?

TIA.
    The quick and easy way to get two photos on one sheet is to copy the image to a word document, size according to the output sheet (4" x 6") and either print as is or save as a pdf. There are also drag and drop templates, either using PowerPoint or perhaps Picture It has a template.