Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: At the salt pan (E) - C&C are welcome !!

Real Name
    Tejal

At the salt pan (E) - C&C are welcome !!

Kindly share your C&C for my below image.

Regards,

Tejal

At the salt pan (E) - C&C are welcome !!IMG_6099 as Smart Object-1 by Tejal Imagination, on Flickr

Real Name
    George

Re: At the salt pan (E) - C&C are welcome !!

Quote Originally Posted by Tejal View Post
    Kindly share your C&C for my below image.

Regards,

Tejal

At the salt pan (E) - C&C are welcome !!IMG_6099 as Smart Object-1 by Tejal Imagination, on Flickr
    I like the composition, the pp less. See it as an obsession of me, but reflection through water or glass or anything is always darker as the original. In your photo it's the opposite. Look at the originals of your photo.

Can you show/tell something more about the process we are looking at?

George

Real Name
    Tejal

Quote Originally Posted by george013 View Post
    I like the composition, the pp less. See it as an obsession of me, but reflection through water or glass or anything is always darker as the original. In your photo it's the opposite. Look at the originals of your photo.

Can you show/tell something more about the process we are looking at?

George
    Thanks George for your comment. Here is the SOCS for your reference. I do processing in PS. Here the reflection is in water that too having layer of salt in the bottom. It is a salt pan.

In my photographs generally i dont do much PP.

At the salt pan (E) - C&C are welcome !!IMG_6099 by Tejal Imagination, on Flickr

Real Name
    George

Thanks George for your comment. Here is the SOCS for your reference. I do processing in PS. Here the reflection is in water that too having layer of salt in the bottom. It is a salt pan.

In my photographs generally i dont do much PP.

At the salt pan (E) - C&C are welcome !!IMG_6099 by Tejal Imagination, on Flickr
    I see. Like I said it's an obsession for me.
    In Holland we are not familiar with salt pans. That's why I would like to see more of it and its process.

George

Real Name
    Tejal

I see. Like I said it's an obsession for me.
    In Holland we are not familiar with salt pans. That's why I would like to see more of it and its process.

George
    Sure .

Real Name
    John

Nicely done, very dynamic capture.

Real Name
    Tejal

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    Nicely done, very dynamic capture.
    Thank you John .

Real Name
    Binnur

Hi Tejal A nice image , but your uncropped original looks good too. If I were you I would upload it too .

Real Name
    Tejal

Quote Originally Posted by bnnrcn View Post
    Hi Tejal A nice image , but your uncropped original looks good too. If I were you I would upload it too .
    Oh....

Thank you very much. Previously I had posted a similar shot of that un-cropped shot, that's why this time i thought of cropping it .

I see at least three distinct images in your SOOC image: like image #1 you could make another with the other woman on the left, cropping just past the woman bending over center image. In fact it would make an interesting 'mirror' image to your original one. Plus your SOOC image is worthy of exploring as an image as well. You keep getting some amazing shots from the same 'mundane' salt pan. Great eye, great images!

Real Name
    Tejal

Quote Originally Posted by flashback View Post
    I see at least three distinct images in your SOOC image: like image #1 you could make another with the other woman on the left, cropping just past the woman bending over center image. In fact it would make an interesting 'mirror' image to your original one. Plus your SOOC image is worthy of exploring as an image as well. You keep getting some amazing shots from the same 'mundane' salt pan. Great eye, great images!
    Thank you Jack.

Real Name
    Dem

It was interesting to see the SOOC image and how you cropped it. I tend to crop very little - just to adjust the position of the main subject within the frame - and might not have considered cropping half of an image away. But it worked very well and produced an image quite different from the original.

Thank you for sharing.

Note to self: try more substantial crops in future and see what happens.
    Last edited by dem; 23rd June 2016 at 09:54 AM.

Real Name
    Binnur

I remember that one. But this uncropped one is a better composition than the previously uploaded one

Oh....

Thank you very much. Previously I had posted a similar shot of that un-cropped shot, that's why this time i thought of cropping it .

Real Name
    George

It's not only the crop, but the transformation from landscape to portrait. The movement of the persons demands for a landscape orientation, I think.

George

Real Name
    Tejal

It's not only the crop, but the transformation from landscape to portrait. The movement of the persons demands for a landscape orientation, I think.

George
    Thanks a lot for the feedback.

Real Name
    Terri

Personally, I don't think the reflection is compelling enough to keep it. The bottom part of the reflection is rough. I would consider cropping most of the reflection out, somewhere above her hand in the reflection and leaving the reflections of the smaller figures intact. I think this accomplishes both moving the horizon line to a more pleasing position and creates more sense of depth between the figures. I sometimes violate the "rule" of thirds like you've done here with reflections but only if the reflection is clear and adds to the photo. But I really like the subject matter of the photo and the separation you got of the subjects in it.

Real Name
    Tejal

Quote Originally Posted by terrib View Post
    Personally, I don't think the reflection is compelling enough to keep it. The bottom part of the reflection is rough. I would consider cropping most of the reflection out, somewhere above her hand in the reflection and leaving the reflections of the smaller figures intact. I think this accomplishes both moving the horizon line to a more pleasing position and creates more sense of depth between the figures. I sometimes violate the "rule" of thirds like you've done here with reflections but only if the reflection is clear and adds to the photo. But I really like the subject matter of the photo and the separation you got of the subjects in it.
    Thank you very much for your valuable feedback.

Real Name
    Greg

I like the original post, Tejal. It's a pity those power lines are in the background, but then again they are a feature of modern life everywhere so maybe we should learn to ignore them.

I notice some CA along the woman's left arm and left heal. Do you click the remove CA button in camera raw when you open the image in PS?

Real Name
    Tejal

Quote Originally Posted by FootLoose View Post
    I like the original post, Tejal. It's a pity those power lines are in the background, but then again they are a feature of modern life everywhere so maybe we should learn to ignore them.

I notice some CA along the woman's left arm and left heal. Do you click the remove CA button in camera raw when you open the image in PS?
    That's a lot for your feedback.

CA button.... I missed it.

Real Name
    buy me a drink first.

Yup, this is a nice once, although I'd have been tempted to crop 16:9 rather than in portrait mode and include the other woman. What you presented still works very well, but if you can fill the space, fill it is what I say. But it's your shot and it's a good one so whatever you want to do with it is fine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast