Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Hello Folks

Hello Folks

By way of introduction I thought I'd say, "Hello", and mention a little bit about myself and my interest in photography.

I am an amateur photographer, though I've been shooting for more than 30 years, and had at one time considered pursuing photography as a career. I think I'm glad I didn't though; when I see the business struggles of many pro photographers, I'm happy that I've maintained my enjoyment as a hobby. My professional career actually does incorporate some photography, but it is not a primary focus of my job.

Most recently I had let my photography wain for nearly a decade, and have only in the last year taken it up again with renewed interest.

Over the years I've gone from Pentax, to Canon, to Contax, to Canon, to Nikon. I'm shooting nowadays mostly with a Nikon D750 and really enjoying it.

I mostly shoot landscape and travel, but my major interest is simply conveying moods and feeling via composition and colour (I realize that probably sounds quite vague).

I'm looking forward to being part of the CinC community.

Real Name
    Lew Lorton

Re: Hello Folks

I'm another newbie here - although I've been around the photo world.
    This place, and people, seems friendly and knowledgeable.

Real Name
    John

Re: Hello Folks

Quote Originally Posted by Zone Five View Post
    By way of introduction I thought I'd say, "Hello", and mention a little bit about myself and my interest in photography.

I am an amateur photographer, though I've been shooting for more than 30 years, and had at one time considered pursuing photography as a career. I think I'm glad I didn't though; when I see the business struggles of many pro photographers, I'm happy that I've maintained my enjoyment as a hobby. My professional career actually does incorporate some photography, but it is not a primary focus of my job.

Most recently I had let my photography wain for nearly a decade, and have only in the last year taken it up again with renewed interest.

Over the years I've gone from Pentax, to Canon, to Contax, to Canon, to Nikon. I'm shooting nowadays mostly with a Nikon D750 and really enjoying it.

I mostly shoot landscape and travel, but my major interest is simply conveying moods and feeling via composition and colour (I realize that probably sounds quite vague).

I'm looking forward to being part of the CinC community.
    Welcome to the group, looking forward to seeing your images.