Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Preparing images for Video Urgent help needed please

Real Name
    Grahame

Preparing images for Video Urgent help needed please

I very urgently need to produce a video for presentation consisting of approx 20 images that will have text written over the images as they show.

I intend to use Windows Movie Maker (have had a quick play and think it will do all I want) to show this presentation to an audience tomorrow from my 17" laptop and also load it to You Tube for others not present to be able to view.

My question,

Any recommendation to the image size and quality (I use PSCC) I should downsize to?

I'm sure some investigation on the web would reveal some clues but my time available is limited.

Grahame

Real Name
    Dave Ellis

Re: Preparing images for Video Urgent help needed please

Grahame I'd suggest max 1920 wide or 1080 high depending on the aspect ratio of the images. This corresponds to high def video and if you happen to produce a lower res video the software should resize it again.

Dave

Real Name
    Grahame

Quote Originally Posted by dje View Post
    Grahame I'd suggest max 1920 wide or 1080 high depending on the aspect ratio of the images. This corresponds to high def video and if you happen to produce a lower res video the software should resize it again.

Dave
    Thank you Dave.

Have just done a trial run with a couple of images and the IQ in the movie was poor. I suspect this was because the software up-sized them to full screen so will try again with 1920 wide.

Real Name
    Grahame

1920 X 1080 worked perfect and I now have good image IQ. Thanks Dave.

Real Name
    Dan

I've used movie maker a good bit and it does a horrible job of resizing. So definitely size the images to the resolution that you plan on it being displayed. As suggested 1920x1080(full HD) seems to be the accepted norm nowadays.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Grahame - video editing software is quite different than photo editing software and event the high end products (Apple's Final Cut Pro or Adobe's Premiere Pro) do not do this any better. Any stills should be prepared to the final size. !920 x 1080 is the larger of the two HD standards.

I will often prepare titles in other software and the same rule applies when I added to the editor's timeline.

Real Name
    Denny

I've used Movie Maker quite a bit also and it worked well for me but now I tend to use Photoshop CC in Motion mode and get the frames looking the way I want, then go to Movie Maker for timing and transitions. I don't usually do video so paying for Final Cut Pro or one of the others would be a waste for me.