Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Sony A65 help....

Real Name
    Bernard Boyle

Sony A65 help....

Hi,when using continuous shooting mode, camera seems to operate normally however, no shots are recorded and I then have to remove and replace battery to get camera operating again,single shot mode works ok,any help would be much appreciated......

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Re: Sony A65 help....

I have no Sony experience, but if you have not yet tried it; do a 'factory reset' to see if that fixes it.

First off, I assume there's no flash involved in this?
    Also that your battery is fully charged?

Cameras are computers and odd things can upset computers, so here's some things to try ...

Try a different battery if you can.
    Have you tried it with different lens on? If not, do so (assuming you can).
    Also, try swapping out the memory card for another to see if that encourages expected behaviour.

Failing that, leave the battery out overnight (at least), but ideally until the date/time calendar resets (so you know the internal memory battery was also exhausted). When power is applied, it will have to restart its internal computer from absolute default, which may clear the problem. However, by the time you have got to this stage, the chances of success are diminishing I fear.

Sony users may know of a forum that might be able to help.
    Or try googling Sony A65 failure continuous, I did but didn't see anything helpful.

However, I did discover the A65 has 3 continuous modes; have you tried them all?
    You can begin to see why a problem or failure in another area (e.g. lens) might cause the issue you have now.

Quote Originally Posted by DPReview
    Continuous Shooting and Buffering
    The SLT-A65 has three continuous shooting modes, 'Lo','Hi' and 'Continuous Advance Priority AE'. In continuous 'Lo' mode the A65's nominal frame rate is 3fps, which increases to 8fps in 'Hi' and 10fps in 'Continuous Advance Priority AE' mode.

The 'AE' in Continuous Advance Priority AE mode stands for 'automatic exposure'. Unlike continuous Lo and Hi, Continuous Advance Priority AE can only be accessed via the exposure mode dial. As we saw in the A55, which offered a maximum frame rate of 10fps in the same mode, there are some downsides to this maximum capture rate. The A65 can still autofocus continuously, but in order to be able to do this, aperture is either fixed wide open, or limited to f/3.5 if the maximum aperture allows it. You can take full control over aperture in Continuous Advance Priority AE mode, but only if you select AF-A or manual focus. The reason for this limitation is the same reason why you cannot combine AF with manual aperture control in movie mode - at apertures smaller than f/5.6 the A65's AF system receives essentially no light, so cannot function.
    Good luck, Dave

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Have you gone to the Sony site to see if you are running the most up to date firmware in your camera?

These types of bugs are sometimes exist when the cameras are shipped, but the manufacturers find and fix these bugs and make new firmware available, but it does you no good if it is not installed.

Real Name
    Bernard Boyle

Dave,Manfred,thanks for suggestions,Manfred,checked firmware,it is up to date,will try your thoughts,fingers crossed....