Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Over the Bay

Over the Bay

Liked the clouds and the contrast to the mountains across the bay, taken on a stormy day on Skye, looking towards the Cullin

Over the Bay

Your thoughts

Lincs1

Re: Over the Bay

this pic this landscape is one of the best pics i have seen here in recent times there is too much cluster in the foreground too sharp focused rocks of all shapes and colors lots of interesting things but i find the distant mountains,the lovely dark clouds,hovering above menacingly very soothing to my soul! this is a great poster pic i must say and end

Real Name
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Lincs1 View Post
    Liked the clouds and the contrast to the mountains across the bay, taken on a stormy day on Skye, looking towards the Cullin

Your thoughts

Lincs1
    OK Nigel, you have got us slavering, now you can post the shot where all that cloud over the Cuillins suddenly dispersed just as the sun was setting *

meanwhile, maybe try to cut out a little noise from the mountain area and stamp out that roll of tubing

Chris

* I do seem to have posted lousy example of such with an apology at http://www.pbase.com/crisscross/image/101400653

These are the places that I miss 'from my youth'. Fantastic moody shot of a beautiful place. I really like the subdued colours - I bet it would even look good in B&W.

Thank you for all your comments, this a magical spot, each new angle gives a new view and they are all so dramatic, suppose a way to declutter the foreground is to crop back to the point where the sea hits the LH corner, but I liked the movement of the little stream in the FG as I have done in At The End of the Road.

Lincs1
    Last edited by Lincs1; 24th November 2008 at 10:41 PM.

Real Name
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Lincs1 View Post
    ...this a magical spot, each new angle gives a new view and they are all so dramatic, suppose a way to declutter the foreground is to crop back to the point where the sea hits the LH corner, but I liked the movement of the little stream in the FG as I have done in At The End of the Road.

Lincs1
    Don't do it Nigel!! I like the stream too and it makes the rock promontory identifyable as a spit. Did you try stamping out just the roll of plastic?

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by crisscross View Post
    Don't do it Nigel!! I like the stream too and it makes the rock promontory identifyable as a spit. Did you try stamping out just the roll of plastic?

Chris
    Not going to...... don't think it works as well.

Lincs1