Nice silhouette.

Real Name
    John

Re: Hazy Lighthouse

Nice.

Real Name
    Dan

Excellent. Nicely composed and good choice of pano format for presentation. Well done.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Very nice - apart from the dust bunnies - sorry, but someone was going to mention it sooner or later

Good colours, exposure and sharpness on the lighthouse and surrounding structure/jetty.

Real Name
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Humphries View Post
    Very nice - apart from the dust bunnies - sorry, but someone was going to mention it sooner or later

Good colours, exposure and sharpness on the lighthouse and surrounding structure/jetty.
    Dave...I looked very closely in Lightroom for dust bunnies and although there were some minor ones I didn't think it was extreme....I took them out and this is the result. Do you see a big difference? Thanks for your input, my friend.
    Hazy LighthouseD610 #2 Ft. Williams & Spring Point Sunrise 70-200 ND6 HD9_Watermarked_1 by J T, on Flickr

Real Name
    Grahame

Good composition Jeff. Not sure how you tackled the dust bunnies but 5 are still evident

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Quote Originally Posted by zutty View Post
    Dave...I looked very closely in Lightroom for dust bunnies and although there were some minor ones I didn't think it was extreme....I took them out and this is the result. Do you see a big difference?
    Hi Jeff,

The brighter version masks them more, but at least 3 of the four main ones I saw in #1 are still there I believe.

They are not huge, they are not very dark, but they are there (when viewed in LyteBox at 100%).
    The ones I see are all to the right of sun, but to the left of centre of frame, mostly below half way up.
    There are three in the sky significantly above the horizon and another where the cloud above the distant rock cliff is.

Try this; click the first post image to see viewed in LyteBox at 100%, then click and drag it in a small circular motions, after a few revolutions, your brain will filter out any static patches on the monitor screen and you'll begin to see them.

Now I look really critically; I fear there may be others, masked by the dull sea surface.

HTH, Dave

Real Name
    Jeff

Hi Dave,
    With all due respect I still don't feel that these slight imperfections are really worth dealing with. I appreciate your advice but I've never been much of a pixel peeper. But just for the fun of it I found all the remaining bunnies that these old eyes could spot....Final version
    Hazy LighthouseD610 #2 Ft. Williams & Spring Point Sunrise 70-200 ND6 HD9_Watermarked_1 by J T, on Flickr
    Last edited by zutty; 25th May 2016 at 11:37 PM.

Real Name
    Dan

nice shot. I like the mood of the initial, darker one better.

I agree with Dave and Geoff about the dust bunnies. If you are going to display very small--the image in this thread is only 700 pixels on the long edge--the dust bunnies aren't conspicuous, but at a larger size they are. Even in the lightbox, which is only about 1800 pixels across, I see several in your final version, and a few are pretty noticeable. It looks to me as though they just weren't fully removed in your edit. I was able to remove the 5 or so I noticed with the Photoshop spot healing tool.

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

Yup..dust bunnies still even in the edited ones...but otherwise the shot is really good...Love the colours.

Real Name
    Jeff

Could someone please point out the dust in this photo please

Real Name
    Grahame

Could someone please point out the dust in this photo please
    That's difficult Jeff, I can't find any on this version

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

Me either...I think you got them all...

Real Name
    Dan

Looks clean to me. Maybe time to clean the sensor

Real Name
    Jeff

It is time, but although I know the method of doing it, I'm still afraid I'll screw up a wet cleaning. I've done the the blower technique with no results.

Real Name
    Arnstein Bjone

If I "destroy" the image, using "tonal adjust", they get more visible.
    For "screen-use", they are no problem, in my "not-20-20-vision-eyes", but they will probably show up on a large print.
    I always check my images a lot more carefully, If i shall print them (on my HP Z-2100 44" printer)

Hazy Lighthouse

Hazy Lighthouse

Real Name
    Arnstein Bjone

It is time, but although I know the method of doing it, I'm still afraid I'll screw up a wet cleaning. I've done the the blower technique with no results.
    I will NEVER wet clean again. See my illustrated "guide" above.

Real Name
    Dan

I sympathize. The first time I had to clean a sensor, I was half convinced I would end up having to buy a new camera.

I do a wet cleaning only as a last resort, and I while I haven't kept track, I would guess that it has been about once every two years. My intermediate step is to use a static brush, which will often get stuff that air doesn't get.

Some people use alternatives. One is the LensPen Sensor clear, which I bought but haven't yet tried. Another is a silicone patch.