Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Copse

Real Name
    Robin

Copse

I'll hold up my hands and say the light was fairly dramatic to start with but I'll also hold them up and admit to going a little mad with the processing - in my defence it does make for a fun shot

Copse

Chesterfield, Missouri/Melbourne, Australia
    Real Name
    Izzie

Re: Copse

I like the scene, Robin...but looking closely, the cloud you processed as B/W? Good composition. 'Love it...

Real Name
    Kaare

Hi Robin.

Cool scene. Quiet interesting. As you say yourself maybe the PP is to much. What I would have done here is making the shadows a bit brighter and then converted it to B/W. I have some contrast which I think would work well in a B/W image

/Kaare

Real Name
    John

I like that Robin. It's dramatic but not overly so. The composition is spot on and the vignetting around the top half to produce that central bright area above the trees (or perhaps that's natural?) is just right to draw the eyes in. Nice image.

Real Name
    Robin

This is the shot SOOC as it were - well its a straight un-fettled with conversion of the RAF file that came out of the camera but you get what I mean. Obviously in my first shot I've gone OTT with the sky and mucked about with the levels etc but the drama was there to start with and the sky did have a natural vignette to it. The RAF files are 'lens profile corrected' as soon as LR gets hold them so its not lens vignette that needs sorting.

Copse

I did try a few mono conversions but they ended up even madder so gave up

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Hi Robin,

This one I like, I think I was kinda hard on Sam's sky recently, but perhaps by luck of the natural shading of the sky, this looks OK to me.

Real Name
    John

I like the sky and the overall look is appealing, but the copse of trees is a minimal component of this composition.