Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Dusk and Night photos of Bahrain

Dusk and Night photos of Bahrain

Here are some pictures I took last night. I took them in RAW format and used the Canon free software for the first time. I am sold on RAW format now! I think I will try AEB next time. But I have a few questions:

Lens flare - How do I minimize lens flare? I used a clone tool in one of the photo's to move a really bad flare, but there must be a way to prevent it. Is that was the polarizer does?

In the wide angle shot I really dropped down the saturation and I tried to convert to B/W and I wasn't happy with the results. I saw the the tutorial on converting to black and white in the tutorial section.

I took all of these with an ISO of 400, but I still see quite a bit of noise in there...any advice on how to handle that?

You can see other photo's of mine at http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrisandphill/

Re: Dusk and Night photos of Bahrain

the second pic and the last pic are my favorites second pic is the best of the lotraw is the best format.....its totally raw like the name suggests can be manipulated to our likes and dislikes

Re: Dusk and Night photos of Bahrain

Quote Originally Posted by taken View Post
    the second pic and the last pic are my favorites second pic is the best of the lotraw is the best format.....its totally raw like the name suggests can be manipulated to our likes and dislikes
    Thanks!

The second is also my favorite. I learned that I can export from the canon software directly to Adobe photoshop while still in RAW format. It was very cool! There were filter simulators in there - which is very cool cause I was about to drop 100 bucks on a filter set. Looks like I can play with the simulators to figure out what I like before I dive in.

Thanks again for the comments!

Kind Regards,
    Phill