Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a retail outlet in Japan Singapore Hong Kong that sells and ships Tamron

Real Name
    Brian

Looking for a retail outlet in Japan Singapore Hong Kong that sells and ships Tamron

Hi it crossed my mind that as Tamron is made in Japan I should be able to get a better price from a store in Asia than America. Thye trouble is that I can't find any on line in English. Suggestions?
    Brian

Real Name
    Leo Bhaskara

Re: Looking for a retail outlet in Japan Singapore Hong Kong that sells and ships Tam

Is it really cheaper even after including shipping fee, import fee, and other stuff? How about the warranty?

Maybe you can consider Amazon Japan.
    http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/switch-la...language=en_US

Real Name
    Brian

Re: Looking for a retail outlet in Japan Singapore Hong Kong that sells and ships Tam

Quote Originally Posted by lunaticitizen View Post
    Is it really cheaper even after including shipping fee, import fee, and other stuff? How about the warranty?

Maybe you can consider Amazon Japan.
    http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/switch-la...language=en_US
    They are made in Japan . shipping direct from Japan to the Philippines should be cheaper than including America. I don't trust Ebay.

Real Name
    Leo Bhaskara

Have you ever done this before? The shipping fee might be nothing but import fee is going to be considerably high. Isn't there any local distributor in your country?

You can compare prices here:
    http://kakaku.com/camera/camera-lens...3=10&pdf_so=e2

Real Name
    Brian

Have you ever done this before? The shipping fee might be nothing but import fee is going to be considerably high. Isn't there any local distributor in your country?

nary a one.

Real Name
    Brian

the price is about 1/2 canadian or american. shipping is less. but finding shipper is a problem.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Brian - While the gear may be made in Japan (or at least by a Japanese company, with factories elsewhere in Asia), don't get you hopes up. Retail prices is Japan can be notoriously high and goods can be found for less elsewhere, even if the stuff comes from there.

I priced a small Sony camera for my wife at one of the retailers in the Akihabara district of Tokyo (the well known area that is also called "Electric Town), where there are many, many retailers of electronic goods. I picked the identical camera up in Canada for half the cost in Japan, few weeks later.

Country of origin and price are two different matters and while what you were thinking makes sense intuitively, from a practical standpoint, this is unfortunately not always the case.

An easy choice might be Amazon Japan: http://www.amazon.co.jp

Technically, you can switch the site to English, but there is still a lot of Japanese interspersed with the English, but if you know what you are looking for, you should still be able to order through them. I know my daughter uses that site a fair bit.
    Last edited by Manfred M; 25th April 2016 at 01:42 PM. Reason: Added Amazon Japan info

Real Name
    Dan

Why not go to the Tamron website and look for a listing of authorized dealers in nearby countries? Or e-mail them if they don't have a dealer locator on the web.

I went to ebay.com and did a search for Tamron lenses for Sony mounts and there are quite a few places offering lenses. Here is a link to my search:
    http://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_odkw=...y&_sacat=78997

Since you live in the Philippines an Asian warranty would probably still apply to you.

Real Name
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyDiver View Post
    Brian - While the gear may be made in Japan (or at least by a Japanese company, with factories elsewhere in Asia), don't get you hopes up. Retail prices is Japan can be notoriously high and goods can be found for less elsewhere, even if the stuff comes from there.

I priced a small Sony camera for my wife at one of the retailers in the Akihabara district of Tokyo (the well known area that is also called "Electric Town), where there are many, many retailers of electronic goods. I picked the identical camera up in Canada for half the cost in Japan, few weeks later.

Country of origin and price are two different matters and while what you were thinking makes sense intuitively, from a practical standpoint, this is unfortunately not always the case.

An easy choice might be Amazon Japan: http://www.amazon.co.jp

Technically, you can switch the site to English, but there is still a lot of Japanese interspersed with the English, but if you know what you are looking for, you should still be able to order through them. I know my daughter uses that site a fair bit.
    And i am such an intuitive person. Big sigh.

Real Name
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Tronhard View Post
    I went to ebay.com and did a search for Tamron lenses for Sony mounts and there are quite a few places offering lenses. Here is a link to my search:
    http://www.ebay.ca/sch/i.html?_odkw=...y&_sacat=78997

Since you live in the Philippines an Asian warranty would probably still apply to you.
    Doubtful that there is any where in the Philippines that can work on them.

Real Name
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by DanK View Post
    Why not go to the Tamron website and look for a listing of authorized dealers in nearby countries? Or e-mail them if they don't have a dealer locator on the web.
    I tried that approach yesterday with no luck.

Real Name
    Richard

Real Name
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by rpcrowe View Post
    Contacted Facebook Tamron Philippines theyb said they didn't sell and didn't know any sellers.

Lazada has a few for sale but only one that ships to the Philippines and they don't do COD and have only 2 out of 5 stars for honesty.

Macy's claims to sell it at a great price but when I contacted them they said they would see if they could order it and they never got back to me.

OLX same problem as Lazada.

But thanks for the time and effort.

Real Name
    Dan

If you go to the main Tamron site, http://www.tamron.com/en/, and scroll down, you will find a bar for finding Tamron distributors by region. If you select Asia, you will get distributors throughout Asia, including Philippines/Lightroom Corporation in Quezon City. There is a not entirely similar list here: http://www.tamron-usa.com/about/inte..._dist.php#asia. I would suggest you e-mail a few.

In my opinion, the key is finding a reputable dealer, ideally one authorized to sell to the Philippines so that you will have a warranty. The issue is not having a warranty shop in the Philippines. The issue is having warranty coverage when you ship it wherever they tell you to ship it.

Another option is to check a few reputable US discounters and see what their shipping charges would be.

Real Name
    Richard

I bought my HS50 from Rakuten in Japan (at a very good price) because they weren't sold in Aus; the international warranty was honoured in Aus by Fuji when it developed a focus error. I have also bought from T-Dimension in Hong Kong - but they aren't cheap anymore, at least not for our dollar. I prefer to buy local whenever I can but sometimes the price here is extortionate and I am happy to accept the risk of grey market products at bargain basement prices. My choice, caveat emptor!

Real Name
    Brian

If you go to the main Tamron site, http://www.tamron.com/en/, and scroll down, you will find a bar for finding Tamron distributors by region. If you select Asia, you will get distributors throughout Asia, including Philippines/Lightroom Corporation in Quezon City. There is a not entirely similar list here: http://www.tamron-usa.com/about/inte..._dist.php#asia. I would suggest you e-mail a few.

In my opinion, the key is finding a reputable dealer, ideally one authorized to sell to the Philippines so that you will have a warranty. The issue is not having a warranty shop in the Philippines. The issue is having warranty coverage when you ship it wherever they tell you to ship it.

Another option is to check a few reputable US discounters and see what their shipping charges would be.
    I must have had a worse day yesterday than I thought. I missed the Tamron international dealer page. I posted on their facebook and emailed them. Now to see if I get an answer.

Real Name
    Dan

Good luck

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Real Name
    Brian

Good luck

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Worst case scenario is I order through B&H. price is fair and service is excellent.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Quote Originally Posted by JBW View Post
    And i am such an intuitive person. Big sigh.
    The have a description of the lens as well as a picture and the price in Yen. It doesn't look all that difficult.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast